Recent content by svo4turbo | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by svo4turbo

1. S

New owner - Temp Gauge issue?

Yep, on this one, there is only one sensor in the housing. There is a port for a second one but it's blocked off, so the sender is presumably elsewhere.
  2. S

I ordered a little gauge off Amazon that you can plug into the obd2 port and set on the dash so he can monitor engine temp until I decide what I want to do long term. I will look into that secondary sending unit that drives the gauge. Can anyone share where it is located? Simply unplugging it...
  3. S

Aah yes. Should have mentioned but I did try. Removed both connectors, inspected, and blew them out with my air compressor before reseating thrm and bolting them down. Didn't work for me but I gave it a shot!
  4. S

Used my Bluetooth ODBLinkMX to check things out and engine temp is fine. Definitely the gauge in the cluster. Wonder how one fixes that?
  5. S

See attached image. It moves a little with each key cycle. Nothing else out of the ordinary and no warning lights. Heater works fine. Upper rad hose hot, lower cool. No leaks. Now thinking actual gauge problem. Maybe I should just splice an aftermarket gauge in?
  6. S

Thanks for your replies. A lot of great info. To answer the last question, there were no check engine lights or anything of the sort that came on. Everything seemed completely normal other than the gauge sitting way above max. I will investigate more this evening.
  7. S

Hello all. Brand new 2004 Sport Trac owner. 119000 miles. Great shape overall. I just bought this truck over the weekend for my son and runs and drives great. Trailer the vehicle home from a good distance away and took it for a drive on Monday evening with no issues. Today he started the truck...
  8. S

Side Proximity Sensors Not Working

You sir, are a genius! I cycled my traction control on and off and my side sensors magically reappeared! I have no idea why they would have gone away in the first place, and I can't believe that simply cycling it off and back on again worked, but who am I to question the method! Thank you!
  9. S

Interesting. TC defaults to on with each key cycle. But, I've never tried cycling TC while this issue has been going on. I'll give it a shot on my next drive. Thanks for the suggestion!
  10. S

I might try resetting sync first. Or, I might just live with it. It's annoying, but Park assist still works, and it's not throwing any codes. I didn't check codes with forscan though, just with ODBLink. Was hoping perhaps someone had ran into this and it was a simple setting somewhere.
  11. S

Missed your reply... No, TC isn't turned off. I have a LMS tune installed, but I don't think that would be related either, would it?
  12. S

2016 Ford Explorer | How To & Info Videos | Official Ford Owner Site Last 20 seconds of this video shows the display of sensors. It shows the side sensors. Mine used to show these too, and now they no longer display.
  13. S

I didn't actually interpret the title into someone understanding that they were physically gone. My mistake. I'm actually unsure as to just wear those particular sensors on the side are located. But I don't believe there's any issue with dirt and such as I generally keep my car very clean. If...
  14. S

Hi All- 2016 Explorer Platinum - Sometime in the last month, the side proximity sensors on my Explorer stopped showing up on the screen. The front 4 zones and the rear 4 zones still appear, but the ones on either side of the car are just, gone. Has anyone else ever seen this? Thanks
  15. S

Does F-150 use same ecoboost as Explorer Sport and Platinum?

Sorry, what I meant was that for the 2016 model year, the Exploders and F150's would have used the same 3.5L TT engine.
Back