Recent content by Swamprabbit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Swamprabbit

1. S

SCT X4 Questions.

It does to me also. But. There is always a BUT. This is my 1st tuner that allowed for several different options. Unlike superchip where you are limiter to what they installed. (pre programmed)
  2. S

SCT X4 Questions.

Has anyone mess with the transmission setting. For example preasure settings?
  3. S

SCT X4 Questions.

Yes.All I did was step up one octane rating on it. Turned off the rear O2 sensors. Reset the speedo. That's it.
  4. S

SCT X4 Questions.

That's what I was thinking. But the last programer I had you entered the tire size. LOL Thank you.
  5. S

SCT X4 Questions.

Just got my SCT X4 programmer. 2003 EX XL 4.0 All stock except tires and lift. I turned off the rear O2 sensors. (1st) What do I set the speedo cal at? It asks for tire rotations. Stock gear 3:73 Stock Tire 235/70 R16 Current Tire 285/75 R16 (2) any recommended changes I need...
  6. S

2003 EX Differential Swap???

My front cover shape and bolt count it's a Super 30.
  7. S

Is the front standard rotation or reversed rotation. Read both. Not sure which is correct. Rock Auto says standard rotation when looking a bearing kits. Thanks guys.
  8. S

Thank you sir.
  9. S

Where did you get your gears? Link if possible. Think I'm going to go ahead with the 4:56 route. Thanks ahead.
  10. S

I am looking at a possible regearing also. Was told that 4:56 will fit my 3:73 carrier. If I can't locate a reasonable 4:10 front and rear diff. I will be going 4:56 due to 35's with next tire change.
  11. S

I know some Explorers came factory with 4:10's. Found a 2004 Mountainer that has factory 4:10's wrecked tha's why I'm asking.
  12. S

I have a 2003 Ford Explorer XLT with 4.0 and 285/65/16's with 3:73 gears. I would like to upgrade to 4:10's. What other vehicles can I swap the front and rear differentials out of that already have 4:10's. I know another Explorer will swap. But is there another vehicle also like the Mountainer...
  13. S

New Strobes for Christmas!

I liked config #2 . Gonna look good.
  14. S

Spacer Lift??? Questions

Thanks guys this is my first explorer. Happy with it so far.
  15. S

Need to replace both front Catalytic converters.

Walker and Magnaflow makes a direct replacement.
Back