Recent content by TekMan05 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by TekMan05

1. T

Old style TPS Pigtail for Explorer harness?

Okay, I was just wanting to stick with the factory connector if possible. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wsn-488201 https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fch-5005100014 I'm gonna see if Summit support might know if they mate up. If not, then I could just adapt the mustang pigtail and...
  2. T

Old style TPS Pigtail for Explorer harness?

So I've been running an accufab throttle on my 5.0 for a while but not happy with the fitment and lack of adjustment with the Explorer TPS on it. Never seem to get a good voltage reading. I remember seeing a post on here years ago of someone using the older style TPS with the green,black,orange...
  3. T

Aluminum Radiator

Same. How well are these holding up?
  4. T

5.0 Quarantine Tuneup.

not starter fluid but soapy water looking for bubbles and listening to the engine. I drove it today and honestly felt fine. Didn't check the scan tool though still seems like there is a slight power bluff or maybe the computer is still adjusting? I wouldnt think smoothing the intake runners...
  5. T

5.0 Quarantine Tuneup.

Fixing the EGR leak did lower the LTFT from 30% but didn't eliminate it. It was late so I didn't go for a drive yet so can't say yet for driveability.
  6. T

5.0 Quarantine Tuneup.

The flange that goes behind the throttle elbow. I don't know if the pic showed up or not. THe one I got was from ebay, uses shop air and hooks onto your battery to heat up the oil.
  7. T

5.0 Quarantine Tuneup.

Can't see it in the pic , hooked up a smoke tester I had and what do you know a little bit was seeping past. Hoping this is the cause of the LTFT and acceleration buff. I do remember having a hard time cranking the bolts down so I'm gonna take the elbow off and clean the threads up. Wish me...
  8. T

5.0 Quarantine Tuneup.

On the lower intake yes. Would smoothing the intake runners on the upper plenum cause this? I'm letting the truck cool off before checking vacuum lines.
  9. T

5.0 Quarantine Tuneup.

Got everything back together and started after fighting setbacks and my hand and wrist. It's idled high at first then settled down somewhat. The can tool I have is showing a LTFT of 30% on both banks and the power isnt' there. feels like it's fighting against a wall more than just missing. Any...
  10. T

5.0 Quarantine Tuneup.

That's going away. It was from a while back when I experimented with a cheap oil separator and had it tucked out the way on the driver's side. That's partly why I'm plumbing it over so it'll be cleaned up and now using a catch can instead of a separator coming directly off the pcv and will...
  11. T

5.0 Quarantine Tuneup.

Okay things are starting to come back together now. I been dealing with a strained and inflamed wrist and hand which has hampered work some. I finally got the new lifters in and the corner ones were a pain but I managed to use a 3/8'' extension and small hammer to tap them into the bores :D (Not...
  12. T

5.0 Quarantine Tuneup.

No CEL's just a high Long term fuel trim on my scan tool. It idles in the mid-upper teens. I do notice the truck likes to buck a bit when at cruising speeds with feather throttle until I either let off or add more throttle. The rockers are scorpion 1.65 rollers. To adjust them you have to make...
  13. T

5.0 Quarantine Tuneup.

What's up guys? I haven't been on this forum in a while. Figured I'd drop in to kinda do a mini blog on a tune up I'm doing on the truck. Been having lean fuel trim issues, loud rockers, mysterious oil and vacuum leaks and a few other small things I wanted to nail out. So with that it would be...
  14. T

v-8 70mm Throttle body Install-working out the bugs

Yeah he did. Everything in my rotating assembly is still stock parts. The cam spec said the power and starts under 2000 rpms but I honestly don't feel until after 2000 rpms. It's a pretty good cam overall. I still want to change the heads but I've read about fitment issues with TMH's?. Might do...
Back