Recent content by tgunn_ocs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by tgunn_ocs

1. T

Reading Text Messages with iOS 6.1.2

I played a little with system on my wife's 2013 EX (she has more issues than me). I went ahead and disconnect the phone and deleted the bluetooth setup in the phone. I then re-paired them and her system has been working better....including her texts now being read to her. I didn't have to...
  2. T

Both phones were/are showing notifications, still not working.....both of our phones would allow texts to be read through until MFT until we upgraded to iOS 6.1.2.....now they don't come through at all. Damn Apple.
  3. T

2013 Media Hub cable cutout

My Sport does have it, built mid january. My wife's 2013 XLT doesn't have it. Not sure of her build date as we bought hers off the lot.
  4. T

We recently updated to iOS 6.1.2 on our iPhone 5s. Since this update, MFT no longer will read incoming texts like it did before the update. We are experiencing this same issue on both of our 2013 Explorers. Anyone else experiencing the same issue? Guessing it was something with the update...
  5. T

APIM, extended warranty by ford

How doyou know if you need a new APIM?
  6. T

2013 Explorer Sport Ordered

It really depends....my sport came in 7 weeks with the holidays. I also ordered an Explorer for my business and it showed up in six weeks. There was an issue with the first one ordered (came in fwd and i had ordered 4wd due to dealer mistake). The reorder showed up 6 weeks later. That...
  7. T

My Sport thougts as I roll lots of miles

interesting.....I only have my iphone 5.0 interfaced via USB for music (it charges the phone too) and obviously the phone is hooked via Bluetooth for cell service. I haven't had really any hiccups. I haven't bothered to interface my ipod as I have all the music on my phone. Navigation has...
  8. T

My Sport thougts as I roll lots of miles

Scoind....what phone and other peripherals (if any) do you have interfaced to MFT and in what ways (Bluetooth, USB)? I think its helpful info for others when mentioning complaints
  9. T

2013 Explorer Sport Ordered

Mine showed up a few days early....hoping all of yours come in soon!
  10. T

Love our 2013 Explorer! Wanted a Sport, but think we made right choice with Limited

Sharp looking Ex....will look good in my rearview mirror lol....kidding, well sort of lol anyways.....they are great vehicles...I have a 2013 Sport and love driving it.....my wife has an 2013 XLT with every option and she loves hers....having driven both of them.....the Sport engine is...
  11. T

About to buy a 2013 Sport Explorer and these forums scare me!

Checkit....This has been my experience so far.... I came to this forum among others as I researched vehicles. I have always done this. I buy a lot of Fords for my business (mostly Pickups and Transit Vans) but buying a vehicle for me is very different as I drive 35-40K miles a year and with...
  12. T

New 2013 LTD... can't connect to WI-FI

I have been able to connect to my home wifi without issue. I also was able to setup the personal "network" inside the vehicle that uses my cell phone....the kids have enjoyed that with their ipod touches.
  13. T

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

I have the Husky liners for my 2013 Sport....the coverage is great and I like that it covers the pass through from the 2nd to 3rd rows. That being said, so far my experience is only in winter weather and I have a few "complaints"....1.) they are bit slippery for my kids (ages 7-10). I have...
  14. T

Window Sticker Site

It should show up a few days before the build week.
Back