Recent content by THE PARTS MAN | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by THE PARTS MAN

1. T

Front spring bucket replacement

Ok calling the dealer in the morning I hope they have it in stock (yeah right lol) was it a hard job and other than the shock and spring coming off is there any thing else I need to remove to make this job go smother
  2. T

Front spring bucket replacement

I guess this is the best place to post this, let me know if its not. but on my 92 explorer the left front spring bucket broke in the back. Is there any guides on doing this job. also how hard is it to find a new one ? thanks for any help
  3. T

Interesting tachometer issue

more info on my main post
  4. T

Interesting tachometer issue

Pulled Codes Trying To Get More Info *******I hijacked my post about the tach issue, yea this sorta relates to it however i had a chance to get my snap-on mt2500 out to scan the computer in my 92 explorer. i pulled 2 codes with (koer) and there was no codes with (koeo) The KOER codes were...
  5. T

making custom front bumper for a 92 x

MONMIX that's what i thought but i want to start from scratch. if i would find a reinforcement bar that i could fab up brackets to that should keep it ridged and provide impact strength. or do i need to keep the the bread and butter or whats there now?
  6. T

do you have any pictures of what it looks like?
  7. T

Ok guys just like the title says i want to make a front bumper. i was thinking fiberglass, the concern i have is in the event of an impact, how strong is fiberglass. i figure i will need to fab up my own brackets. i plan to use the x old bumper. i just want something no one else has. It may...
  8. T

tach not reading correctly

i have an issue with my tach when the key is turned on it jumps to li 3500 rpm with out the engine running. < i know its not reading right> does any one have a wiring diagram of where this wire is at. i think it connects to the coil pack. but i am unsure. any one ever have this issue? oh...
  9. T

Well A Rear Question This Time

well i did some work on this i found out that i do have a ford 8.8 rear and a Dana 35 in the from which is what i for the most part knew. what gets me the dealer i called said i have a rare explorer with 3.27 gears in front and rear. question is how/ why is this rare. hope some one can...
  10. T

Well A Rear Question This Time

Ok last night out driving allot. At the end of my trip. From a stand still I would hear when I hit the gas a kind of rubbing some a sort of clunk then we would go. I was not hitting the gas hard and the rear was hot. I check the fluid this morning and it was good and full. When I took my wife to...
  11. T

East coast line boring shop?

COOL well we got to add that to the list now thanks
  12. T

East coast line boring shop?

is this needed in the a4ld rebuild??
  13. T

Issue With Front Axel Or Manual Hubs Need Help!

ok will inspect after work. Thank you
  14. T

Issue With Front Axel Or Manual Hubs Need Help!

Ok i had some time to look into this issue. It was one said that i should check my u joint on the drivers side where i hear the clunking (spelling off sorry) i did not have time to look at this untill now. but does any one have a picture where that u joint would be. its enclosed but i think...
  15. T

looking at a new x but trans only shifts into reverse

its been some time since i was on here. make a long storie short i did not get that x i went to give the guy money. and wanted to look at it again in the day time boy am i glad i did. the craddle was rusted out bad. the drive shaft was bent. and the motor was cracked with oil...
Back