Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

thebrakeman's Recent Activity

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. thebrakeman replied to the thread MisFires - How long to log a code?.

Take it to an Autoparts store, and let them scan it. Better scanners can check for "Pending Codes". When I had some misfires causing...

January 22, 2018 at 3:29 PM
    2. thebrakeman replied to the thread Red Neck Easy Fuel Pump - No tank Drop Explorer 4th Gen.

With my previous daily driver ('89 Ford Probe GT), you lift up and remove the rear seat cushion, and you're staring at the fuel pump....

January 22, 2018 at 3:23 PM
    3. thebrakeman replied to the thread Where can I put the luggage?.

Agree. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are there 8 seat belts? Also, is your Explorer set up to tow anything?

January 22, 2018 at 3:16 PM
    4. thebrakeman replied to the thread Where can I put the luggage?.

The only way you'll do that is with a trailer, or putting a lot of stuff on the roof. Keep it simple, and take 2 vehicle.

January 19, 2018 at 3:56 PM
    5. thebrakeman replied to the thread Newbie Question: Towing a Popup Camper.

Mbrook, you are correct. My mistake. I thought I remembered it having 3500 base rating....

January 19, 2018 at 3:54 PM
    6. thebrakeman replied to the thread Long term V8 platform reliability?.

If you include Mountaineers, the V8 take rate would go up. To original poster, $3500 for something like that with service records seems...

January 19, 2018 at 2:02 PM
    7. thebrakeman replied to the thread Newbie Question: Towing a Popup Camper.

As long as you plan to keep the loaded weight of the popup no more than about 3000 lbs, that's still Class 2 territory, and leaves you...

January 18, 2018 at 4:28 PM
    8. thebrakeman posted a new thread.

HVAC blower buzzing

'06 Mountaineer Premier, with Auto Temp Control. A moderate buzzing from under the dash when running (comes and goes). Gets...

Forum: Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers

January 16, 2018

We Support Our Troops!