Recent content by Themightyquinn | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Themightyquinn

1. Themightyquinn

How to fix your rear wiper motor assembly

Fuse. It was a fuse. A 25 amp fuse located in the battery junction box. And just my luck, it is the only 25 amp fuse in either of the two fuse boxes. So the clicking noise was the relays being activated by the multifunction switch, but since the fuse was blown, there was no electrical current...
  2. Themightyquinn

How to fix your rear wiper motor assembly

My rear wiper stopped working on my 07 EB, but also the rear wiper sprayer is not working. I faintly hear a click from the wiper mechanism when I turn the wiper switch up for the wiper and also down for the wiper/sprayer. Since the both features of the switch are not working, am I looking at a...
  3. Themightyquinn

massive fuel injector leak

freak, yeah i know i can do it that way, i would just rather upload them from file. Elite membership requires either having or creating a paypal account. and I don't want to create a paypal account. I might message rick and ask him how I can go about doing that.
  4. Themightyquinn

ranger7ltr, never mind. I was looking at your IAC attachment. I see the egr pipe now. So your egr pipe doesn't point towards the throttle plate inside the manifold? I wonder if mine is supposed to be like that. It doesn't make sense that it would point towards the front caking the backside of...
  5. Themightyquinn

freak, wow I thought that was the pintle cap! I was going to post pictures of mine, but I do not have an elite membership. ranger7ltr, the upper intake manifold on my 96 OHV looks different than yours, particularly where the egr attaches. on mine it is just a large round hole on the manifold...
  6. Themightyquinn

freak, that one in the picture doesn't have an o-ring on the bottom. did you remove it before you took the picture?
  7. Themightyquinn

Help! Looking for Trim!

Your cheapest route would be junkyard picking. Unless you want to pay out the nose at the stealership
  8. Themightyquinn

Lower ball joint up/down play

New ball joints....... Sounds like fun.
  9. Themightyquinn

Good tips Runnin'OnEmpty. But I would discourage use of any grease thicker than oil. Because if one is not careful and accidentally gets that grease in the injector opening, it will clog the internal injector filter. I usually just use clean motor oil.
  10. Themightyquinn

Do yo have the OHV or SOHC? The EGR pipe comes into the intake manifold from the driver side and then once inside makes a 90 degree turn towards the front of the intake. So you have to rotate the manifold counterclockwise looking down. I believe when I did it, the AC compressor was in the way...
  11. Themightyquinn

you will need 3 gaskets, the lower intake manifold gasket (sandwiched between the lower intake manifold and the fuel rail), the upper intake manifold gasket, and the throttle body gasket. Because of the EGR, it is virtually impossible to remove the upper intake manifold without removing the...
  12. Themightyquinn

I still would have the injectors serviced while you have it all apart. They are going to get clogged sooner or later. Even if the engine runs well, it could still benefit from cleaned injectors. Yes there are two o-rings per injector. One at the top that seats in the fuel rail and another at the...
  13. Themightyquinn

It is possible that the o-ring is so old and brittle and is cracked from the heat. To replace the o-ring, you will have to remove the upper intake manifold, and the fuel rail. Since some or all of the injectors will remain in the lower intake manifold, you might as well replace all of the...
  14. Themightyquinn

Testing a power mirror motor

I removed the passenger side mirror, and although the wires were different colors, the connectors fit and I was able to move the mirror with the switch.
  15. Themightyquinn

96 Explorer 4.0 OHV temp gauge stuck on cold. HELP!

So I used actual wiring to ground the sender wire, and my temp gauge went as far up as it could go. So a multimeter does not double as a singe wire. Canadian: the plenum you are talking about is the upper intake manifold. You can remove the temp sender without removing anything else. As for the...
Back