Recent content by TheRyan | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by TheRyan

1. T

Walking Dead - 1999 Explorer 4x4 XLT (174K) - PICS

our test is a prong in the tail pipe and they only plug into the computer if the cel is on. good luck hope you get a pass!
  2. T

you can reset the code by cycling the key back and forth. there is instructions in your manual. I think its 5 or 8 times from between key posion 3&4 I did this with my truck right before its air quality test and it passed and the light came on about 5 minutes after i was done.
  3. T

shocks wont fix your lean you will need to fix the rear springs. I had similar measurements and new shocks did nothing for the lean but it did drive a lot better. i have tt and f150 spring swap with stock tires and it looks fine. jealous of the price
  4. T

Looking for 2 gen front bumpers.

So many good ideas thanks
  5. T

Looking for 2 gen front bumpers.

I have also wanted to make a front bumper for my 2001 xlt. Are you going to have the winch mounted on the bumper or on a plate behind it? like in this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368836 Also are you using steel or aluminum? I like the design ryan
  6. T

Lost shocks

If your towing a trailer check this out http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101035 It Works great for me towing my boat.
  7. T

Replacing leaf spring only one side

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212985 I followed this to do my swap
  8. T

Fuel gauge question.

I have driven till the needle is below the E a few times but my tank is dented so my needle could be off.
  9. T

Modifying Ford Explorer Leaf Springs for Lift using F-150 Leaf Springs

Thanks Shawn Warning to others I got generic center pin bolts and because they are long i used the bolt to bring the leaf pack together rather then clamping and then adding the bolt. As a result the bolt stripped before it was tight enough and I had to cut it to get it off. When I did the...
  10. T

Modifying Ford Explorer Leaf Springs for Lift using F-150 Leaf Springs

Problem with overload I'm in the middle of doing this spring swap and when i got the springs from the 150 apart I found a crack from the center bolt to the edge on one of the overload springs (bottom leaf). I'm using a f150 leaf pack with 4 leafs including the overload. Can anyone think of a...
  11. T

2001 wrong exhaust and o2 sensor problem

Update: I tried wd40 in the connecter which reduced the problem but it was still there. Last week I was able to use a hoist and standing under the car allowed me to get a better look and it appears there is a small section of melted wiring not far from the down stream sensor. I have not fixed...
  12. T

Sadly My code reader does not do data stream. sorry about the video fixed that. Thanks for the link for ford parts the second picture (single inlet muffler) is what i have. I did think i saw a small bit of corrosion on the end of one of the pins when i changed the down stream sensor. I blew out...
  13. T

Hello, I have a 2001 xlt with sohc. It had a lack of power and an idle reving problem. The code i got was P0135 so i replaced the upstream 02 sensor on the passenger side and the only down stream sensor. Also cleaned the MAF. This fixed the power problem but it still misses while at idle...
  14. T

01 98 xlt compatibility

So the sohc in my 2001 xlt has timing problems and I was told the engine would need to be pulled to fix. I can get a 98 explorer with a transmission (auto) that does nothing in reverse. Both transmissions have a code c800a on the side and look the same. Will the transmission from my 01 work in...
Back