Recent content by Thighman | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Thighman

1. T

How To: Replace Leaky Ford Explorer - Ranger Low Oil Sensor

Thanks for this post. Very helpful. If anyone is doing this I bought the new washer for the install. They came as a five pack from Ford. I only needed the one, so PM me if you want one. I’ll just charge you for shipping. Thanks again, and hoping to pay it forward!
  2. T

All of the wiring fun....

For anyone that does a search and finds this thread I figured out the problem (at least for me). In Pin 52 there is a dark green wire that feeds power seats. This needs to be a ground. If you put in a wire with a pin and ground it out in the engine bay... problem solved. I have a 90 BII and I...
  3. T

All of the wiring fun....

Did you ever solve your wiring problems? I sent you a private message as well...
  4. T

Bronco II Armrest

What is the model year of your BII? Also do you need the fabric arm rest or is the bracket broken? I found many good brackets at Pick N Pull places. Also LMC Truck carries them.
  5. T

CopyKat's Copy Cat B4

Is having the tierod under the knuckle problematic during flex? Meaning will it be more prone to binding? I know that is just how it is, but I know that my jeep buddys dana 30 starts to bind there. although his flexes like crazy
  6. T

Odds of an Explorer with 4.10's stock

Thanks! What about rangers? Did they have 4.10s more or less common than explorers. And would a ranger 8.8/D35 be the same width and all?
  7. T

Odds of an Explorer with 4.10's stock

Hey guys I have a BII with a D35 stock but ford didn't include the 8.8. I was wondering if you coud give me some input on my chances of finding a D35 and 8.8 with 4.10s at a junkyard. Thanks
  8. T

1999 Hub assembly

I was wondering how the 1999 explorer's hubs locked (vaccum, all time, electronic)?
Back