Recent content by thorney_5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by thorney_5

1. T

For Sale New 2nd Gen 5.0 Radiator (TYC)

Sorry, totally forgot to get back here... I believe it is the 2 core, is much thinner and looks like it's missing a 'row'.
  2. T

Huh, interesting. My guess is its a two core then, but I'll take a look at it and get back to you
  3. T

I've only ever seen/heard of 1 or 2 core. Are you referring to how many "units" thick it is? Off memory, it is a thicker single core. Link below. http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1376547&cc=1362462&jsn=444
  4. T

New, unused, but has sat out of box in a (clean) barn with plugs over fluid ports. Some very small 'dents' in the cooling fins, but nothing that would affect operation. Comes with adapters and radiator cap, will cut off before shipping. $50 shipped, OBO. PM for pictures
  5. T

SOHC passenger side/rear chain guide upper

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316665 Right timing chain guide assembly upper positioning bolt: F77Z6U000BA
  6. T

the X so far

Moisture Some Master Technician. You would leave that like that if such a torn boot came through your shop, costing the customer a more expensive repair down the road? Theres something to be said for not performing petty labor on a 13 year old vehicle, but a hole such as that could...
  7. T

2002 Explorer stuck in park while turned on. Please help!

Welcome! EEK! I hope he got his truck out of park by now! That was more than 8 and a half years ago! Generally it is frowned upon to bring an old thread such as this "back to life". No harm, you're a new member and it happens. Welcome to the forum! :)
  8. T

the X so far

Tie Rod Boot Loks like you need a new inner tie rod boot/baffle. Also may need a new inner tie rod as well depending on how long that's been like that. Hopefully no moisture has gotten into the rack.
  9. T

Corroding/Rusted strut?

Rust Hehe you should see under my truck...... :eek: Seriously though that's some weird looking rust. Probably nothing I would worry about though.
  10. 3000 mile k&n filter

3000 mile k&n filter

11. 3000 mile oil analysis

3000 mile oil analysis

12. Front End Rebuild

Front End Rebuild

13. Front End Rebuild

Front End Rebuild

14. Front End Rebuild

Front End Rebuild

15. T

Amsoil Dual Remote By-Pass Kit Install (pictures)

Update Just got back the 3000 mile analysis from Blackstone and got a picture of the 3000 mile filter cut open. I wonder why the flashpoint is consistently low, between the old dino oil and the new Amsoil. It will be interesting to see the result of the next sample.
Back