Recent content by thorsteinarg | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by thorsteinarg

1. T

5.0 Explorer trans problem after swap.

Well explorers here in Iceland are very limited, only 2 are remaining with the 5.0. The motor is up and running, I have a tuner that is mapping the computer, car will be datalogged with an air/fuel meter to ensure the motor is getting the right mixture. Otherwise I will buy the return rail...
  2. T

I am using a 99 engine, 99 engine loom, 96 trans and 96 trans loom. PCM is a 96 SLL4. The big connector from the PCM to the TCM that has about 30 wires in it, essentially where I can remove the wiring to the trans. I took that connector apart and checked wire numbers/colours by the ports, they...
  3. T

Well my problem is not fixed. Turns out my transmission wiring loom was the earlier style, so I cut the loom and reconnected wires of the same colour. Does anyone know if the 1996 and 1999 PCM have different ports for the trans? That is the output of the PCM. Dont have the vehicle in front of...
  4. T

Got it! Thanks so much boomin!
  5. T

Thanks for the quick reply! Do you happen to have the wiring info?
  6. T

Hello, so my problem is, when I start the car in park it starts fine no problem. But when I put it in gear (any gear) the motor just dies. If I put it in gear and let go of the brake quickly it takes off no problem and drives. I am getting codes on all 3 solenoids(Dont remember the code names)...
  7. T

Backfire through intake? 5.0

On these engines, the timing marker is the arrow on the crankshaft sensor correct? Compression test -》 Verify engine timing -》 Remove heads, inspect valve clearence. Guess this is what I am down to :mad:. Then hopefully :burnout:
  8. T

Verified the timing a couple of times. Even did it all over again. Compression test sounds good, besides the fact that taking these bbk shorty manifolds, wrapped in heat reflecting thingy, on the gt40p heads, is a biiiig pain in my a$$. I have thought of the possibility that a intake valve is...
  9. T

Nothing seems to solve this issue! Tried flipping the cam sensor 180 degrees, nothing. Am I timing it the right way? With n1 piston on compression stroke, and aligning the arrow on the crankshaft sensor on "0" on the camshaft wheel. Still nothing. Running a b303 cam from a mustang, even tried...
  10. T

Hey guys, just wondering if you had some ideas for me, soo, the motor itself I tore down, changed head gaskets and all the gaskets above that, timing chain also, and put stiffer valve springs and a b303 cam. Now I have the motor assembled, but when I start it, it manages to ignite the fuel in...
  11. T

Setting the ignition after cam change?

Is it neccesary to "align" the ignition sensor that is located on the lower intake manifold or does it calibrate itself? Was installing a b303 cam in it, and new timing chain, the crank was turned so it is not in the same place as before the cam was taken out. 5.0 engine :) Thanks!
  12. T

Spark plug wires?

Thanks for the info :) I do have a set of livewires with a bend on the end and heat proof, could I cut the ends of and replace them with a clip on end? Would I need both items? Brass thingy and the clip on end?
  13. T

Spark plug wires?

Been searching for some time for suitible wires for my build, but it seems that there is not much to choose from. What I am searching for are wires better than stock, can resist more heat than stock is a must, and have a 45-90* bend is also a must since GTP heads. All the wires other than stock...
  14. T

T5 and 302 explorer motor ?

So guys I am wondering, currently doing a 302 explorer swap in my bmw and need some info. Since I don't want to have it automatic, does the T5 mate to the explorer engine ? Does the output shaft etc fit ? Was wondering what bellhousing I should run on this since I have no clue if the T5 will...
Back