Recent content by tiberius | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by tiberius

1. T

new to me 1996 explorer from grandma ignition issues , many parts changed

try checking coil ..wear a leather glove and while engine is running pull wires one at a time check for a good hearty continuous spark ..no misses..if good replace and check the rest the same way..also if when you pull a wire it doesnt effect how the car runs you may have an issue there..clean...
  2. T

2nd gen issues? Try this first!

after pulling my gem module i opened it up and found a blown out capacitor on the board ..must have quite literally Blown as it left a burn on both sides of the board and the positive side leg of that component is Gone...i do occasionally solder repair some of my cb radio gear but i will call...
  3. T

2nd gen issues? Try this first!

hey folks ..have a 96 explorer sport ..im getting a morse code type beeping that wont stop..starts right away after start up ..its not the 5 beep from a burned out airbag light ..ive had that ..this is like morse code ..very annoying..scanner shows no codes related to this..seems to come from...
  4. T

Windows stuck and got power to master switch

hey guys my 96 explorer sport will not open or close windows.. but locks work.. have been through many motors 2 lift mechanisms and even had the window track replaced once found a broken green and orange wire behind fuse panel traced it to a gang block under hood and replaced the whole...
Back