Recent content by tinner | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by tinner

1. T

Knocking noise when steering slow speed

It's a good idea to have an alignment with new tires- man she rolls up the mileage. She needs to get on the build thread with you Jon.
  2. T

Sync Keeps Trying to Reconnect With iPhone 8

Thanks, I got her manual out and saw the bad news. My F150 is so so easy.
  3. T

Thanks franchise -I'll give that a shot tonight and let it sit disconnected over night. I'm hoping the APIM fuse panel is not in the dreaded panel on'13s, up under dash by brake pedal, lol. If it is, negative battery terminal much easier and let the tranny relearn.
  4. T

My wife got an iPhone 8 about 2 months ago. After about 3 weeks Sync would cutout and music would play in the speakers and on the 8" screen would have a black box in the middle saying; Sync trying to reconnect to Sara's iPhone. And also the buffering symbol is spinning. This would last anywhere...
  5. T

Snow Driving

futureboy- The snow makes for nice pictures, but honestly you can keep it in "The Great White North". Enjoy
  6. T

Time for tires

Ditto on the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus, I also replaced Hankooks last Oct. Great dry and wet traction. We haven't had any snow (still too warm) so I can't rate them on that, but tread depth is deeper than almost all others.
  7. T

Sync 3 keeps resetting iPhone ringer volume

Hey Daniel- Yes I do have the "Change With Buttons" checked so I can adjust the volume with the buttons. Sorry, don't know what to tell you. It was very annoying having the ringer max out every time-I feel your pain. I was also having this problem with Sync v 2.0 also.
  8. T

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Rainlord- Did you buy your DRLs from Dan at DriveBright(DaytimeBrightlites)?
  9. T

Sorry yours isn't Apple phone issue- it was an easy fix. The updates also fixed problems with a Sony amp that would try to max out when controlled by my phones Bluetooth pairing. Our Sync3's have different minds or our Iphones- oh well.
  10. T

I had the same issues until I started running IOS 11.0.1 and the max ringer volume on my F150 Sync3 finally went away along with other Bluetooth issues. Now running IOS 11.1.2 and the pain in the butt max ringer seems to be gone for good. Don't know what IOS you are running but some of the IOS...
  11. T

SYNC 3 latest version

Apparently you are not the only one with download issues.
  12. T

SYNC 3 latest version

That's weird - just download, unzip the Sync folder, transfer to USB, install which took about 15-18 minutes for nav. no modifying needed. Glad you knew what to modify. Do you have non-nav? Heard that's a 2 step install.
  13. T

MFT Update V3.10

Yes it does keep 911 and VHR.
Back