Recent content by Tired Iron | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Tired Iron

1. T

North-Western Explorer Club Group

It looks like I can come get stuck with you. What time at the fire station?
  2. T

Should I be planning for an overnight or do you guys just plan on this as your vacation time? I'm not opposed to a good winter campout, I've got stuff for that.
  3. T

I have enough junk bolted to my rig to get me in some good trouble. And maybe enough junk to get me out. not sure if i can float on snow very well but i do have a locker and good tires to plow through. Also never been over to tahuya. spent most of my time wrecking my old ex at Evans Creek.
  4. T

I always wanted to get out with some other explorers. Anybody got some plans to get away from the pavement?
  5. T

I've always aspired to be an old man, I am finally succeeding.

I've always aspired to be an old man, I am finally succeeding.
  6. T

2 door interior door handles

I do have power windows and locks. I ordered the stuff, it looks right. Should be a slam dunk when i pull the panels off. 2 door grab interior handles are the same a 4 door front handles.
  7. T

Getting back in it with a fresh X.

Getting back in it with a fresh X.
  8. T

2 door interior door handles

I am shopping on the ebays for a set of door handles for my new sport X. I see alot of info about these being for a 4 door truck. They look pretty much identical to the 2 door. Anybody know if they are interchangeable? It is the grab handle portion of the door panel, comes with steel clips...
  9. T

fuel pump relay power supply problems

Fuel tank is back in, pump works great. No new parts at all, just alot of headache and labor for my own mistake of letting a couple wires get left off the battery ground terminal. I've been driving the truck for a week now with no issues at all.
  10. T

1993 Explorer XLT fuel pump issue.

This is a good post! It helped me find my pump problem. I was getting 12v+ to both sides of my relay coil so the relay would never switch on. I was about to scrap the PCM but I eventually found the grounds from PCM pin 40 and 60 were pulled out near the battery. A new PCM would have been...
  11. T

Mystery solved! I closely followed an old post from another member, scaterline, in 2010 on his fuel pump issue. I started testing my PCM power and grounds and I found that PCM pin # 20 and 40 were not grounded. I searched the harness for the other ends of those wires, what i found was a...
  12. T

I've never worked on PCMs before. I am going to do some studying and see what comes up. I am really leaning toward a failed ground, i know i have solid 12v+ power coming out where I don't want it. maybe a short in the wire loom, who knows what gets in there having lunch. I guess this is my...
  13. T

mr shorty- that test connector short brought the relay to life! I am encouraged. would that mean it is a PCM failure? it doesn't fire the pump for a second when the key comes on before cranking. this tells me it's not a engine cranking signal that is preventing pumping or it would start and...
  14. T

http://repairguide.autozone.com/znetrgs/repair_guide_content/en_us/images/0996b43f/80/21/19/6d/large/0996b43f8021196d.gif As soon as I post something i find my own answer. This diagram shows bluew/org wire goes to magic box, it looks like a PCM failure. that means I should chop the wire...
  15. T

I've been fighting a fuel delivery problem for a while. i just finally found that i have 12v going to both sides of my pump relay. i have 12 v on relay pin 30 (ok), 86 (ok), and 85 Not Ok. I don't have a print that will show me what is putting full 12v power on 85. This in not phantom power...
Back