Recent content by tmsoko | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by tmsoko

1. T

Ford Ranger with 3.0 Powerstroke Diesel

Hey, thanks for the reply! Great to see how global these forums are! Looks like the truck you listed would be around $16,350 USD, so not too bad. How much are you seeing the engines for sale these days? I know it is crazy expensive to ship into Brazil, any idea on cost to ship out...
  2. T

Just replaced the front wheel bearings/hubs on my '06

Well... Finally got the bearing out / replaced. The suggestion of using bolts to push from caliper mount is what did it. Used 4" fine thread 1/2" bolts with nut pushing on caliper ears. Also made a bolt / sleeve to push at tie rod. Loaded up nice and tight, then beat the heck out of it. Amazing...
  3. T

Ah, I like the idea for the bolt in caliper hole. I will give that a shot and then wail on it when I have it loaded up. I tried the power steering thing. Bent a 5/8" bar stock and deformed lower a arm a bit. No good way to get clean direct loading with that method.
  4. T

Guys, I am trying to replace mine. The drivers side was not too bad, but the passenger side I is an unbearable #####! I have soaked it for several weekends in PB blaster and now wd40 penetrant. Banging the holy hell out of it with long handle sledge, taking as much a swing as I can inside the...
  5. T

Another "bearing" thread: HUB29 vs HUB67

What was the difference in harness length? Was the actual wire short or point from attachment clip to body connection shorter? Another thread a user stated the length was OK, but require some adaptation for clips. Please advise, as I need to order ASAP and would like to save the $80 if...
  6. T

Gibson Part# for 4.6L STA

How good does it sound? Looking to do an exhaust this winter. Want something that will not have any highway drone and have a nice throat when you get into it. Primarily want to get rid of the wheez bag stocker. When I get into it, sounds like I have 100 psi of back pressure!
  7. T

Bed Cap for 2010 Sport Trac

Bummer you are so far from me in Michigan! I have a Gaylord hard tonneau for late model ST that I want to sell. Shoot me a pm if you want a road trip. I may be able to bring as far as Youngstown, Oh.
  8. T

351W project - more progress, Oil Pan done.

Holding pattern - 7 years and counting... All my parts are sitting waiting for the few weeks it would take to complete... Just no time in life to get to it! Todd
  9. T

What will replace your Sport Trac?

For me, I love the STA and wish there was a replacement Ford for similar size and capability, but it simply is not on the horizon. So I will likely replace mine in the future with a new F150. Fuel mileage improvement with the new aluminum truck and power trains will be hard to resist. I am...
  10. T

STA Adrenalin Eibach Lowering Springs

Count me in. I will absolutely buy a set. Good work with this!
  11. T

Nitto terra grapplers

I have 264/50R20 terra grapplers on my STA. They are awesome. I have 44k miles on them and still have another 10k or so left n them. Rotate every 10k or so miles. Quiet for this type tire, excellent ride, dry/wet/snow traction, and unbelievable life.. My next wet will be 275/55R20. Can't wait.
  12. T

Headers for the 5.0

Ford Motorsport has not made those headers for nearly ten years now. Tri Y will not fit. Either get torque monster or make your own. Those are your options.
  13. T

lets have a serious discussion about a 351w swap in a 2nd gen

I would love to see these come together! Just keep in mind these is a fair amount of custom work if keeping the explorer EFI and 4x4.
  14. T

2nd gen Explorer V8 headers

I deleted EGR when I did the maf, injectors, and blower.
  15. T

2nd gen Explorer V8 headers

When I did my 90mm throttle body elbow, I took a cast aluminum explorer elbow and cut off both flanges with my bandsaw, then took an off the shelf cast aluminum 3.5" elbow I got on eBay cut it down a bit and then welded it up. Something like this...
Back