Recent content by toad350 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by toad350

1. T

Cracked head

Pretty sure it cracked on the go around.
  2. T

Cracked head

Well at 100,000 miles and 5 years my extended warranty expired. At 105,000 got an coolant hot warning. The radiator shutter failed. Replaced that and a week later engine ran hot again and lost the coolant in reservoir. Cracked head. It was going to take 3 weeks to get a rebuilt head. Ended up...
  3. T

Fun at Jiffy Lube

And they want $15+ to work those jobs and give that level of service.
  4. T

comments on 2021 St Street Pack

I’m with Peter. I have 18s on my 16 and if I buy a 21 I’ll try to have 18s on it too.
  5. T

What oil to run in 2.3 liter Explorer

I use Amsoil signature with a Napa Platinum filter. Run 10,000 miles. I have 79,000 miles and have a Blackstone oil test every other. All my numbers are excellent and the TBN is always above 3 showing the additives are still strong.
  6. T

What oil to run in 2.3 liter Explorer

I have used Amsoil signature 5/30 since mine had 5000 miles. Now have 79000. Change between 7-9k and use amsoil filter.
  7. T

How many miles does your 5th gen Explorer have?

16 XLT 2.3 Ecoboost, 67,000 miles no ill Effects from carbon build up.
  8. T

2.3L guys. What have you done to yours?

Hello and Happy New Year! Does anyone have any experience installing an oil catch can on the 2.3 ecoboost? Any recommendations on brand? Thanks.
  9. T

PTU - Power Transfer Unit

Do all explorers have a PTU or just the all wheel drive models? What is the oil change interval? Thanks
  10. T

Maintenance question

Hey guys will you have a PTU if you have front wheel drive only with the 2.3?
  11. T

Explorer LED Tail Light not working

I didn’t pay anything when my lights failed under warranty. But if you buy the extended warranty from the guy in Tenn, it’s Ford premium warranty, it does not include the light package as standard. That’s what I paid extra for. The dealer fixed them no charge of course!
  12. T

Explorer LED Tail Light not working

Had this issue the first week I owned my explorer. Part was over 600 bucks but was warranty. I added the lights option when I bout my extended warranty just for that since the high dollar lights aren’t part of that package. Think it was an extra 50$.
  13. T

2.3 Ecoboost carbon build up

No actually I’m asking if anyone is having issues and what they do to prevent build up. The ford guy that made several videos that have been on this site recommended using synthetics and top tier fuel. That’s where that comes from. Just trying to see if anyone has enough miles on the 2.3 to see...
Back