Recent content by Torqueranger | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Torqueranger

1. T

Idea's ???

What rust the body is clean and maybe a little under the body but that's it ..
  2. T

Idea's ???

I have a Blue 99 Explorer with a 5.0L ..The motor has 240k miles but still runs great but I wound buying my wife a new car and now it needs to be sold .. It needs a battery and 4 tires .. MY question is it worth try to sell or just call a junkyard to come grab it ??? I was looking to get $600...
  3. T

Moog Ball Joint Fitting Problems

Your misunderstanding me .. My upper control arms are a single piece like in the pics but it has removable balljoints instead of having them molded in ..
  4. T

1996 Ford Explorer 5.0 AWD (front suspension) Out with the old in with the NEW!!

Did you install the cams needed for the alignment ??
  5. T

Moog Ball Joint Fitting Problems

Looks like you got the older design 1 piece unit.. I just got the same from Rock Auto and mine is a 1 piece with pressed in balljoints instead of molded in ones...
  6. T

Switching from two piece to one piece passenger control arm

I choose to go with a 1 piece design cause my wife truck needed the cams to get hers aligned so I figured might as well spend the money for the 1 piece and cams in order to save money on paying the shop to install and the price of the part..
  7. T

Monroe 58617 Shock + Pro Comp 13120 Leaf

I am in the same boat but I corrected the sagging front and now the back is sagging .. I was thinking shackles but they bend the leaf spring in a bad direction causing more damage than good unless you spend the money on a AAL ..So the only other option is to buy new spring or coilovers from...
  8. T

98 SOHC Project Leaf Blower

I have a new 98 4.0L Sohc and it's Project Leaf Blower ... It's a 2wd and I plain on keeping for mild offroad but will have to see what happens.. My current upgrade or rebuilds ACDELCO 45G0022 (45G0022@R04) Stabilizer Bar Link ACDELCO 45K18011 Caster / Camber Cam Bolt Kit GATES 38001...
  9. T

New Valoline Full Synthetic High Milage

I stick with Castrol or Mobile 1 that's it..
  10. T

WTB_ Gen 2 CAI intake 4.0L SOHC

I am looking CAI for my 98 sohc motor.. I would like mac but at this point would be great to have a kn or others..
  11. T

bad upper ball joint?

Also check the front ride height before you get the alignment cause the cambe to be out ...
  12. T

explorer broken into, have ?

I know but in reality I get paid to break into cars with permission and leave no trace but you can pick the tools up anywhere if you look hard enough or make your own .. There is almost no car I can't get into and AAA provides the info to break into every car and it's readily available and the...
  13. T

explorer broken into, have ?

Sorry to hear that.. But there is alot of way to get in and not much you can do to stop it...
  14. T

Some info need???

Lol I miss building my jeep... Right now I have 2 explorers and 1 is about to go up for sale cause I am looking to buy a newer explorer or escape for my wife ... My explorer I want to keep modding mine but I am about to start a new job hopefully..
  15. T

Some info need???

Np and what kind of jeep are you building ??? Are you done with the explorer ??
Back