Recent content by Trac Marks | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Trac Marks

1. T

Towing with V8 versus V6

FYI, when shopping, know that 2009-2010 V8 Sport Trac's didn't come with the V8 emblem on the fender. V8 Sport Trac 2WD is rated to tow 7160. 4X4 lowers that a bit to 7,000. In other words, a V8 Sport Trac can effortlessly tow your Ranger while towing your trailer.
  2. T

2010 Sport Trac Factory OEM Bed Mat

Couple of things to try. I'd first call Green Sales (Main) -- they have the most obsoleted Ford parts than anybody else. I checked their online search & they don't show any in stock, however, its not 100% reliable, so I'd just try giving them a call. I also checked Rear Counter...
  3. T

Sport Trac Adrenalin

Either this is misinformation or I've been in the dark. I thought I understood all 08+ Adrenalins were AWD, period. 60/40. Using the message center buttons you could lock in 4WD as needed. Or lock out, not 100% myself. And, an appearance package - yes, but for 08+ the stereo was no...
  4. T

Fuel Pump Question

Wow, what timing. A co-worker just this past weekend replaced a loud but working fuel pump on his Tahoe. Took him several hours start to finish. Installed a brand spanking new GM unit, put everything back together to find.... the replacement was dead. Right out of the box. He put the...
  5. T

Need advice: considering used Explorer, which is best

For what its worth, I believe starting in 2009 they dropped the V8 emblems. I've seen more than one V8 Explorer/Sport Trac listed as being a V6, so guess my point is, when looking, pop the hood. Don't rely on the badges, or absence of badges, or the seller to clue you in. VIN position #8...
  6. T

I get to pull the engine on my 2006 EB V8

I'm trying to wrap my head around more air flow around the starter. I always thought the Ford Racing mini starters were for weight loss & higher torque reasons. Whats this airflow gain all about?
  7. T

3rd Row Seat Removal

Scroll down to the second illustration for models w/o 3rd row. Interior Trim - Rear Body for 2006 Ford Explorer | Tasca Auto Parts
  8. T

3rd Row Seat Removal

I can't find a picture, but it looks like the rear D-pillar trim panels would also be slightly different - no shoulder mounted seatbelts up there.
  9. T

3rd Row Seat Removal

In 2006 there was a entry-level model called Explorer XLS. Most/some/all? didn't have a 3rd row. Here are a couple examples of the rear to answer your questions, hope they help.
  10. T

Anyone PlastiDipped The OEM Hard Tonneau Cover?

Sort of reviving. Some kind of cloudyness going on with the tonneau. 99.9% sure its remnants of Liquid Glass paint sealer I applied a few years ago. I've tried meguiars ultimate compound, turtle wax polishing compound, clay bar, scrub brush. You name it. Truck is garage kept, washed...
  11. T

Differences between 08,09 and 10 Adrenalin??

2008 a heated windshield was available, wasn't offered in 09/10. 2009 added "SOS" post crash alert. 2009 added trailer sway control, but has nothing to do with sway bars. 2010 were able to delete tonneau cover Seems like there were SYNC/nav/audio changes year over year. I recall reading the...
  12. T

Hard Water Spots

50/50 vinegar and water. Any more dilution than 1:1 reduces vinegar effectiveness to the point its a complete waste of time. Soak a washcloth in it. Lay the soaked washcloth on the trouble area for 10 minutes and just leave it alone. Do this in the shade. Rinse off after 10 minutes and I...
  13. T

"iBoards" Aftermarket Side Steps

Looks like the Ford brackets are the clear winners. I've looked at those boards too, hard to beat the price. Thanks for posting.
  14. T

2010 LTD Compass

There is a small black box on the rear view mirror stem. Has a small button - press and hold it for a moment, or simply unplug it and plug it back in.
  15. T

2007 Sport Trac Sunroof won't move

Its been a few years ago but I did have both interior A-pillar moldings off and recall seeing the harness that feeds the moonroof and dome lights. I'm not 100% certain if it was drivers or passenger side. I do recall seeing a connector in there. Hope this is a start.
Back