Recent content by transman304 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by transman304

1. transman304

Valve Body issue or electrical?

The “shift “ you feel is the torque converter clutch locking up. What you are experiencing could be caused by simply adjusting the bands. The front band is 4th. What was the condition of the fluid that was removed? Brad
  2. transman304

4R70W Rebuild Diary - Part 5 - Direct drum

There are like 4 different thickness snap rings. I would double check the stack up as I don’t recall ever having problems achieving the proper clearance. Brad
  3. transman304

Explorer bangs into gear after hard stops

Sounds like low fluid condition. Brad
  4. transman304

SOLVED; 2009 w/6R80 trans Overdrive switch does nothing.

Thanks for posting you solved the issue. Helps everyone looking for similar repairs. Brad
  5. transman304

I think you’re looking for fuse #20. OD switch cancel. Brad
  6. transman304

The converter may not be locking up There are many other sensors at play that will inhibit overdrive and lock-up functions For example Coolant temp, Trans temp, Knock sensor, and the list goes on. Need to get it somewhere that has the correct software and able to watch live data to see if 6th...
  7. transman304

Water pump failure leads to dead engine

Here is a picture of the filter in the 6F30.
  8. transman304

Rebuilt 5r55e Transmission - Moves Forward in Reverse/Neutral

Transmission doesn’t need removed just VB drop. Sounds like the forward clutches are welded together. In that case the transmission will need to come out to be replaced or rebuilt. Brad
  9. transman304

Transmission fluid leak help

Those are the transmission cooler lines leaking. If you can follow them up to an area that is solid on each side of the damaged area you can cut them out and use some new steel lines with compression fittings to repair. If you use rubber line to make the repair just be sure it’s rated for...
  10. transman304

Transmission trouble

Drop the rear of transmission use a 3 foot extension and a swivel socket.
  11. transman304

Rookie 5r55s rebuild fail

There is fluid on both sides of servo for apply and release. Did the solenoid pack get replaced?
  12. transman304

A4LD problems

My mistake, you are correct on numbers. Good luck. Brad
  13. transman304

A4LD problems

That is NOT the same drum! Not an update. Which drum are you wanting to replace?
  14. transman304

A4LD problems

Hard to make a call from the pictures but the drum in the case is the OD/ coast clutch drum. And the drum that is out is the direct clutch drum. Not sure what your asking. Brad
  15. transman304

Transmission shift module?

Is your OD light flashing?
Back