Recent content by trozei123 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by trozei123

1. T

ac operation check. are these pressures normal?

sigh. this explorer ac is kicking my butt. the ac only lasted about three days. now the compressor is cycling really fast. i am pretty sure that means that the refrigerant all leaked out. what is weird is that I have dealt with this ac three times now and have put a vacuum on the system each...
  2. T

91-94 factory stereo wiring

Wiring harness match I took some pics of my harness that I am dealing with. Main pic is the one where I am holding the adapter against the factory plug. What I don't know is why there are two ground wires. The larger one matches the adapter harness ground. But the smaller one on the right side...
  3. T

How would I test the adapter harness to see if that is the issue? I figure if I run all the possible tests before firing the parts cannon would make solving this as pain free as possible. Probing the speaker wires at half volume gives me a reading of 6.2 volts. This number shows up on both power...
  4. T

100% correct. I matched up every color on the radio harness to the corresponding color on the adapter harness. I even undid everything and matched the wires up one at a time to see if the problem would go away, but it did not. Same problem every time I try something different. Would bypassing...
  5. T

I have replaced the adapter harness twice as well, but still same issue. Head unit is the basis walmart one for 20$. Adapter harnesses is the scosche brand for ford premium sound. What I find off is that there is sound coming from the right speakers, but it's just low. I have even probed the...
  6. T

This has me absolutely puzzled now. I've been living with this issue too long. I broke out my power probe to try and diagnose the speaker issue further. Here's all that I found. 1. The issue seems to be that the right side speakers are not functioning properly. Rf is on, but the sound is...
  7. T

I figured out the wire I need is blue/white. I want to try to keep things easy in case I want to go back to stock. When I used the stock Hu, this issue was never there. I have even repurchased the new hu twice thinking it was a dud. They all did the same thing. Would bypassing the amp truly cure...
  8. T

i have an issue that probably will get solved fast. I have the basic walmart head unit and i also bought the scosche fdk4b adapter to make install easy. one problem i have is that all audio seems to play out of the "left channel" (if you had headphones, this makes sense) out of all four...
  9. T

replacement radiator now causing rough idle

its not the drain that broke. its the little "barb" on the top of the radiator under where the cap sits where the hose connects that leads to the overflow reservoir. i figured that sealant would most likely not work. will epoxy do the job? should a 13lb cap be sufficient to hold pressure or do...
  10. T

replacement radiator now causing rough idle

i have an idea as to what i may need to do, but i will ask the expert panel on here if my "cheat" will work. i recently replaced my radiator as it developed a good sized hole in it. when i was at the junk yard, i accidentally broke off the barb part that the overflow connects to. thinking i...
  11. T

Pitman arm connector 1993 explorer 4wd

that part that goes from the pitman arm down to the tie rod is the center link or drag link (depending on what parts store you go to, they all call it one or the other).
  12. T

Solved Transmission fluid is leaking but is not visible.

when do you notice the fluid loss? if its when you first shift to drive, and you have to rev the engine a bit before it drops into gear, its the vacuum modulator that is failing. same thing happened to me. one easy way to check is to pull the vacuum hose and see if its soaked inside.
  13. T

ac operation check. are these pressures normal?

i did check again, and the pressures are equal now when the engine is cold. i did not flush the system when i replaced the orifice tube as the original one came out clean. i just replaced it for peace of mind after I saw one youtube video explaining the infamous "ford black death". so far, the...
Back