Recent content by Truckjunkie | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Truckjunkie

1. T

Bronco II - What in the heck?

My Dad had a '68 Bronco as a Company truck for a while-it sounded great,had plenty of power,would run 90 plus all day long on the highway and got really good mileage,but was nearly worthless in the mountains. the 3 speed column shift transmission and tall gearing,and its tendency to jump out of...
  2. T

De-smogifyin'

Hi all;Well,I'm almost done with my de-smog. Had to remove the computer,replace the distributor and Module,kluged a carb together with a mix of a Motorcraft 2 barrel from a '74 302 and my stock carb,installed aftermarket gauges,eliminated the Cat/Conv.,installed a 1 wire Delco 10si alternator...
  3. T

Maybe-for really short people.
  4. T

De-smogifyin'

I didn't mess with that,the tubes had been cut off and crimped over before I got the truck,and I decided to leave them alone for now. The pipe that goes across the back of the engine from one side to the other is still intact,but was C&C'd down the line a bit. If I DID want to do anything...
  5. T

De-smogifyin'

Desmogifyin' So far I haven't had the money to do what I need to do,but the plan is: *Remove all the smog junk-Done *Replace the Distributor with one from a pre-1978 V-6 Mustang-$64.00 at AutoZone *Cap,adapter,rotor,coil and module (blue grommet),approx.$90.00 at AutoZone (I can subtract the...
  6. T

Bronco II Straight Axle Conversion Details and Photos

Just Curious-can that front end be set up with locking hubs? My '84 B-II is pretty much stock except for Rancho shocks and slightly bigger tires,but works okay for what I do;I'd thought about a SAS,but so far I really can't ***** about the stock set up. I gotta have locking hubs though-just a...
  7. T

De-smogifyin'

Hi all; Just wanted to ask if any of you have any info on removing all the vacuum and electrical smog junk from my '84 B-II. I already took off the smog pump and some of the big plumbing,and am pulling the engine to do some other work,so now would be the time to "simplify" the engine...
  8. T

Hi all; Truckjunkie here,you can call me Truck;I went by "Speed" on other forums but it told me that name's already occupied here. Please forgive me if I forget and sign with that. My '84 came with the inside spare,one piece hatch/window and I don't remember what back seat(s),they've...
Back