Recent content by ttime500 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by ttime500

1. T

2020 Explorer PIU

Awesome thank you.
  2. T

2020 Explorer

I was coming here to ask this! I haven’t been able to find any links yet.
  3. T

2020 Explorer

I figured that would be the case. I’m definitely interested to see what that powertrain is capable of. The only reason I would think a V-8 instead is for a lesser cost and reliability.
  4. T

2020 Explorer

I would think we’ll have most of the answers next week. What do you guys think any chance of a future performance V8 with the new platform? A Durango srt fighter!!
  5. T

2020 Aviator

I really like what the did with the aviator and hope it leads to a great looking Explorer, I’m especially excited to see the upcoming Explorer ST. Man I hope they use the Raptor engine!!
  6. T

2019 explorer, thoughts, hopes?

That’s what I’ve heard as well and there’ll be a hybrid.
  7. T

Most people don’t want a FWD car in snow either they want four-wheel-drive/AWD. I’m not saying a purely RWD performance suv but one that has torque split to the rear as opposed to the current FWD setup. If you don’t see the benefit to a RWD based AWD suv you should look into SRT, M, AMG etc.
  8. T

Do we have a break down on what percentage of explorers sold are with the 4wd/AWD? I don’t think many buyers care if it’s fwd or rwd. From a performance stand point rwd is preferred.
  9. T

The majority of the luxury suv market is RWD based. X5, GC, land rovers, Mercedes, Durango, etc. It’s not going to go back to just RWD. But from what I’ve heard it’ll be RWD based AWD.
  10. T

I don’t think it’ll be limited to the 2.3.
  11. T

QUOTE="peterk9, post: 3674932, member: 163604"]I would expect the 2019 to be almost identical to the 2018 and also a possible 'short' model year given that the 2020 is supposed to be a 'redesign'. Peter Looks that way. As far as sharing with the ranger, what platform is the ranger using? I’m...
  12. T

With the exception of sports cars and non forum people does anyone realize new gens are in the works for any car? I would say the majority of people are just waiting for it to show up at an auto show, which then shows up online and in the mags.
  13. T

Couldn’t you make the argument though that some who know it’s coming aren’t going to buy anyway and 2019s are being sold at huge discount. If they accept low sales for 2019 but come big for 2020 they can sell the next gen at MSRP and have much larger profit margins.
  14. T

Ford has been pretty good about keeping future products under wraps, gt500 is due soon and seen nothing. Also it has been spied a few times over the last year. Last in Colorado doing high altitude testing. Is this a new Ford Explorer spied testing in Colorado?
Back