Recent content by Tyrel | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Tyrel

1. T

Timing cover coolant leak again, gasket or sealent this time?

Anti-seize, or thread sealent? Are all the holes blind holes? None of them go into coolant passages?
  2. T

I purchased the cometic c5660-020. It has not arrived yet, but hopefully is good quality. I'm going to put a light coating of permatex the right stuff black sealant on the back of the timing chain cover and the front of the block where the gasket sits. With any luck I will not be doing this job...
  3. T

Good info from both of you, thank you. I will be following the advice in both of those posts. Still somewhat considering getting rid of the gasket, for the timing cover only, and using permetex the right stuff only? Maybe that's not the best idea? Have never used that particular sealent, but...
  4. T

I have a 96 explorer 5.0 awd. I have replaced the timing chain cover gasket around 15,000 miles ago. I cleaned it all up spotless and used a new timing cover at that time. I used a light coat of rtv on both sides of the felpro gasket. All torqued down and allowed to sit 24 hrs before fluids...
  5. T

96 5.0 P1450 code help

I have a 96 all wheel drive 5.0. With a little over 200,000 miles. Recently the check engine light came on with a p1450 code. The code just recently came up, but I have noticed the fuel filler cap pulling in vacuum every so often when the vehicle is sitting and idling, it makes a nice farty...
  6. T

Minor trans work, now almost stalls in gear

Yes in reverse as well, and it's very intermittent, it will run fine for awhile without any issues and idle around 750ish in gear, just a rough guess off the dash tach. Then some times it will idle just a hair above 500 and feel like it's shuttering and missing type feeling, and some times it...
  7. T

Minor trans work, now almost stalls in gear

I had a check ball that deteriorated and was causing the TCC to lockup in 2nd, thanks to this forum I was helped in diagnosing the problem, dropped the valve body and replaced all the check balls, cleaned and re-gasketed. I also replaced both shift solenoids and TCC solenoid, I installed a...
  8. T

96 5.0 AWD TCC locked up in 2nd and up??

Awesome, that is exactly what I needed to know. That gasket and seal kit in the link is what you recommend? Looks like there are a handful of gaskets and parts with it that I would not be using just fixing that issue. I do know how gasket kits are and some times that's just how it goes, just...
  9. T

96 5.0 AWD TCC locked up in 2nd and up??

I have a 96 all-wheel drive 5.0. Just recently when pulling up to a stop sign it felt like the vehicle was going to stall. Also when upshifting it feels like, what I would say, a manual transmission almost, in the fact that it pulls the motor down more then it should when it shifts and very...
  10. T

92 Ranger, no inj pulse, bad pcm?

I'm working on a 92 ranger with 3.0 v6. Iv determined so far there is no injector pulse to right bank front cylinder using a noid light. There is the correct 12v supply to the injector, but the ground isn't pulsing. Checking there is continuity from injector ground to pcm, and it isn't shorted...
  11. T

AWD vibration and noise

Im in phillipsburg KS, but i was kind of wondering that aswell about the pictures. Napa shows the same pictures too. May just have them order one and see what it looks like.
  12. T

AWD vibration and noise

Mine has the flange of the shaft with the 2 u joints, but the double cardin like the other. The shaft with the double cardin they sell attaches with caps basicly, which is not like mine. I tried to post the pictures. Dont know if they will work or not.
  13. T

AWD vibration and noise

Thanks for the help. That kit though is for the newer cv with the round flange I belive. The one on my truck is a double cardan joint. I know installed on the truck from the u joint at the axle to the u joint that mounts to the transfer case is right at 29". I was considering using the one from...
  14. T

AWD vibration and noise

Any help??
  15. T

AWD vibration and noise

I have a 96 Ford Explorer 5.0 all wheel drive. When accelerating there is a vibration and rumble noise from under what sounds like the driver compartment. It also clicks like a u join down when turning and in Reverse or under load. I have replaced both CV shaft and wheel bearing with no change...
Back