Recent content by V8Jake | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by V8Jake

1. V

Brake pads reviews?

New wagner rotors. I did not change fluid. Pedel feels fine and it does stop ok, just feels like it bites significantly less.
  2. V

Brake pads reviews?

I just swapped new pads using some powerstop z17s and the peformance is hot garbage even compared to the old worn out pads. Any suggestions on some with better stopping power?
  3. V

Oil burn smell, no leaks

I have what seams like a thin layer of dried oil mist around the rad support and underside of hood. It also smells of burnt oil but I can not find any leaking oil and am loosing about 1 quart over 5k miles. any experiences like this?
  4. V

Rancho Shocks????

I have the quicklifts up front and stock out back, lifts 1 inch on v8s which is even with the rear. v6 supposedly lifts slightly higher. ride quality feels about the same as factory.
  5. V

Build up in overflow tank

I found some build up in my coolant tank. Is it anything to worry about? No heating or cooling problems but previous owner appears to have mixed in green coolant at some point.
  6. V

Spent $480 Already for Roaring and vibration noise please help

how did you determine it was that side? Mine is roaring like a bad bearing but all corners pass the wobble test and make no sound if tuned by hand.
  7. V

Ouch, can't pour gas from can!!! Also oil filter tool tip needed.

X2, just did this today with that tekton wrench, I was able to get it from below. Super tight but you can get enough of the filter to break it loose and spin off by hand.
  8. V

Driver Door Lock Problems | Won't Lock No Matter What

Sounds like a bad actuator or one of the linkages is bent. Probably has been like that for some time. If you are going to DIY it an actuator is ~$40
  9. V

Humming noise only on acceration

I have an 09 v8 4x4, I get a humming noise only when accelerating and it is worse with light throttle. Seams to be coming from the front. It also seams to have the downshifting bump which I thought was only for 2006-2008?
  10. V

Removing 3rd row seats, anyone ever done this?

What color is you interior? Any interest in trading?
Back