Recent content by ve2zyc | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by ve2zyc

1. V

Lift kits for 5th gen. Explorer

Here is an update from Canada. A bit less than a year ago I did the lift 2.5f 1.5r and the 275/65r18 nexen rodian ra8 installation (i should have went with Falken Wildpeak AT3W since they are winter approved) I had rubbing issues in the front (the rear of the tire was rubbing close to the rocker...
  2. V

Hi guys! Tonight I installed a lift kit (2.5f /1.5r) on my 2012. It was scared to put my new tires on since they are 275/65r18 (32"). I based my tire calculation on the 305/50r20 from "aLLstar Explorer". I just want to make sure that you had no rubbing problem on the rear since it seem to be...
  3. V

What size are your BFGs?
  4. V

Everybody talk about the traxda lift kit but do anyone ever try this one found on ebay? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Steel-Lift-Kit-Front-2-5-Rear-1-5-Explorer-2011-2WD-4WD-/291787637206 They seems to have a few versions of the kit (F3 - 2R / F2 - 1R / etc) If someone can comment on this, the kit...
  5. V

Can I run a 255/65R18 on my XLT?

Yes Peter you are right about the fact that I'll be harder for the suspension. Even only the spacer are not good for the suspension because it change the angles between the top shock mount, the knuckle and the middle of the wheel and it also change the pivot point of the front wheels. Tire will...
  6. V

Thanks for the welcome peterk9! The speedometer percentage difference is not the issue I'm looking at, in fact the important thing for me is not rubbing the quater panels. So that is why I want to know how tall can I go to fill the wheel housings without hitting it.
  7. V

I'm looking to get bigger tires for my 2012 Explorer but I don't want to lift it and change the wheels by now. I'm considering buying a kit of 1.25 or 1.50 wheel spacers since i want to get a wider look. The truck is on 18 inches OEM with standard size tire so they use to be 245/60R18 wich is...
Back