Recent content by Warrior of the NorthLand | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Warrior of the NorthLand

1. W

1999 XLT 4X4 for the boy

I did have one additional fabrication question. I removed the original factory air shocks and the compressor unit over the spare tire. this involved removing the carbon canisters which promptly began to dangle without support. anyone have any simple fixes for a new support bracket for the carbon...
  2. W

1999 XLT 4X4 for the boy

I have seen the horror stories about the timing chains on the 4.0sohc however, looking at what is required to change them seems way over my head, especially the rear one. I actually saw that I can buy a low mileage engine same model etc for about 500 bucks on a pallet. That seems like a better...
  3. W

1999 XLT 4X4 for the boy

the little lead sled has 220k miles and a 4.0sohc.
  4. W

1999 XLT 4X4 for the boy

Acquired a run down explorer for 900 dollars. Seemed like a good deal as I wanted to get a "project" car/truck to fix up with my eldest son. Black with grey leather interior. Stock on everything. A littany of small issues rather than a few big issues. Main issue was radiator leaked and mixed...
  5. W

New to me Explorer

Alright...update. definitely atf in the radiator. motor oil clean and full. drained radiator waiting on new CSF radiator and a new trans cooler... going to do the bypass so they cant mix again and run new lines both sides with a wix filter inline. is there any specific fluid to use to FLUSH the...
  6. W

New to me Explorer

Gents, I just purchased a 99 Explorer XLT with 208k miles. Overall looks good, body and interior good condition. Its throwing 7 codes and there are two items I need a little clarification on. 1. First and foremost is the radiator and tranny cooler actually intertwined on this particulat...
  7. W

Need more parts.

Need more parts.
Back