Recent content by wharriso | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by wharriso

1. wharriso

Rear Badge meaning?

Any Ford dealers around where you are? Ask them.
  2. wharriso

TPMS Won't Reset

SUCCSESS!!!!! I own a Launch X-431 Pro V scanner. I needed it to diagnose an engine problem that eventually led to an engine rebuild (not the Explorer). I loaded the Explorer info into it then chose the TPMS relearn function. This thing actually wiped the TPMS info stored in the car to...
  3. wharriso

TPMS Won't Reset

Not quite the same thing because these sensors are already pre-programmed. The problem appears that their ID's need to be stored in the ECU in their respective positions. The odd thing about this is that I installed the exact same sensor in my wife's 2017 Lincoln MKZ and it only needed to be...
  4. wharriso

TPMS Won't Reset

I have been doing further research on this problem. It appears that new TPMS sensors need to somehow be registered to the car. I installed this same sensor on my wife's 2017 Lincoln MKZ with no problem but I think the explorer needs further configuration first. If I can get ahold of a...
  5. wharriso

TPMS Won't Reset

Interesting development: I had a spare TPMS from a 2017 Lincoln MKZ rim that had to be replaced due to a small crack. I know that one works because the alerts identified the crack. I put it in but it did not respond. I took it out and replaced it with a new one from Amazon, a more expensive...
  6. wharriso

TPMS Won't Reset

At this point, I am pretty sure I have a bad sensor. I didn't get a chance to test it yet.
  7. wharriso

TPMS Won't Reset

I am going to try swapping tires around to figure out if the problem is a bad sensor.
  8. wharriso

TPMS Won't Reset

I have done this several times. This is the first time, even on this car, that it did not work. Here is the description of what I purchased from Amazon: tuhaowa TPMS Sensor Tire Pressure Sensor Compatible with Ford Lincoln Tire Pressure Monitoring Pre-Programmed System 315MHz...
  9. wharriso

TPMS Won't Reset

I replaced the sensor in the tire.
  10. wharriso

TPMS Won't Reset

My son was driving my 2016 Explorer on the highway when he got a TPMS error on the driver side front TPMS. He brought the car home and I was able to do a relearn with the little gray Ford TPMS tool. After a few miles the problem came back so I figured I would just get another TPMS sensor...
  11. wharriso

Front Brake Pad Position

Hello All! So I ordered Goodyear front brake pads and rotors from eBay but they came with no documentation. Installation is pretty straightforward but the pads are different. How do you tell which pad is front-facing and which is rear-facing on the wheel? Thanks in advance.
  12. wharriso

Heat Only When The Car Is Moving

These Explorers have a heat regulator attached to one of the coolant lines going into the firewall, they go bad sometimes. Are both of the lines hot? It could also be the heater core needs flushing.
  13. wharriso

Boy do I feel like a dummy! I recently rebuilt the engine on a car newer than this yet I couldn't figure out that the antifreeze was low. Thanks!
  14. wharriso

I checked that unresolved issue but it is not the same as the problem I am having. The heat is great as long as I am driving, doesn't work when I am just idling.
Back