Recent content by Wolfgang G. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Wolfgang G.

1. W

Replacement GEM module 1997 AWD 4.0L SOHC?

The magnetic clutch coil (brown wire) should have a resistance of 2,6 Ohm with an open 16pin connector near the shift motor.
  2. W

But size on front hub.

And for the 4x4 retainer nut a torque of 212-288 Nm (1997).
  3. W

‘97 Explorer Extended Crank issues

Correct,this procedure is also recomanded in the owners manual if the cylinders are flooded with gas. The engine will only crank but not start.
  4. W

weight plate

The max. weights for my 1997 LHD Exportmodel here in Germany are: 2512 kg max. vehicle 5080 kg max. vehicle and trailer 1229 kg max. front axle 1360kg max. rear axle
  5. W

Stuck in 4 wheel low and truck thinks its in 2 wheel drive

The 97s switch had the positions Auto-4x4high-4x4low. The 95/96s switch had the positions 2WD-Auto-4x4low. So the electrical control is different.
  6. W

What is that on fuel pump for 95 explorer

The european models1996/97 are equipped with an Immobiliser/antitheftsystem with FOB (one pushbutton) made by Bosch. The black block is part of this system,it switches (controlled by the VIM) the +12V to the fuelpump. Some users skipped this block and connected/soldered this +12V from the...
  7. W

What is that on fuel pump for 95 explorer

This block is part of the antitheft-system on european models
  8. W

Gauges not working 97 explorer

Did you check fuse 11 7,5A in the interior fuse panel.
  9. W

Power windows help?

I had the same problem on a yr 98 xlt - no power on all 4 power windows switches. Reason was a broken powerline in the cable-bundle from the body driverside to the driver door,colour lightblue/black.
  10. W

"Anti-Theft" Light Bulb Replacement

Sorry,I have no valid part number.
  11. W

"Anti-Theft" Light Bulb Replacement

This "anti theft indicator" is a LED no bulb.
  12. W

Anyone know what this is?

Heat shield sitting on the right side of the automatic.
  13. W

Replacing Radiator... Fan won't come off.

This spring could be a part of an earlier broken belt-tensioner.
  14. W

Single Din Factory Radio Bezel

Yes,the same on my yr 97 explorer here in germany.
  15. W

Rear wiper washer not working.

washer function My 98 explorer (euop.model) has only one washerpump for front and rear. the control for front or rear use is done by changing the polarity of the washermotor. there are two relays to change the polarity located in the relaybox front right side below the airfilter,controled by...
Back