Recent content by woodjamin | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by woodjamin

1. W

Runs really rough bad exhaust smell

thanks for the reminder. i thought that i had already did that when i was replacing the egr and had the whole air box off up to the the throttle body and it had no effect. but now that i think about it i also had the vacuum line disconnected as well that is right after the MAF. i will try...
  2. W

They were all pretty dirty. Maybe 2 more than others with sludge all the way up to the threads
  3. W

It's possible. I know it can still be working but send false info. On my real my data is saying around 14g/s at around 1200rpm. I did order a new one just in case. I tierd of throwing money at this thing. Was also told and injector could be stuck and is not switching. So looking at some...
  4. W

i will get those thank you. i took the plugs out this afternoon and cleaned them up one side at a time to see if there was any change. they were really dirty. after firing it up and running for less than a minute it ran way better then went back to the same old shake and sputter. i did pull...
  5. W

Yes they were changed last February with double platinum which I now know aren't the greatest. Haven't put too many miles on it since due to other mechanical problems I have since fixed. It does feel like it is misfiring or not firing on all 6. Not sure if that is the same thing. I am waiting...
  6. W

I'll change them when the weather let's me. Thank you for the reply
  7. W

after running the truck for 10min still no CEL. only a pending code of p1151.
  8. W

This all started as i was coming to a stop light and slowing down. Engine started bucking and the exhaust started to smell bad. Already replaced the egr valve and the dpfe sensor. New air filter, spark plugs, o2 sensors and cats. Any idea what's causing this? I'm pretty sure the smell is...
  9. W

hello and please help

FIXED! Finally got the time and energy to check out the fusible links. Corroded and broken links were the main issue. One of the links was completely broken off and the other 2 for the alternator were extremely corroded and had about half of the wire strands connected. Battery is now charging...
  10. W

hello and please help

Ok thank you for the replies I do not have time today to check but will follow your instructions asap. And my dome lights do turn off by them selves.
  11. W

hello and please help

ok thank you very much. i turned the dial down so the dome light didn't turn on and didn't even think about that affecting the display. now to work on these links. All signs are pointing towards the links, even the in house electrician at my job has told me to test for continuity. Will do so...
  12. W

hello and please help

also not sure if this is related but when i turn my head lights on the display on my stereo goes out but the music still plays.
  13. W

hello and please help

Ok i have located the fusible links and from the outside they looked ok. im guessing the only way to know for sure is to cut them open. i am getting the 12.5v when i am on the neg battery terminal and the post on the alternator. i have also noticed that my alternator has 3 prongs in the plug...
  14. W

hello and please help

battery light is on. something is weird. horn didnt work when i got the truck. took out horn fuses but when i press the horn buttons i hear a relay clicking coming from the rear passenger side relay box. mice turds in truck. could mice have done this? alternator is getting 12+ volts to the...
  15. W

hello and please help

i am going through the fuse boxes now and pulling unnecessary ones.
Back