Recent content by Xeek | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Xeek

1. X

5.0 stumble issue

Ive ran two bottles of berrymans prior to this fix. My issue had gotten worse so maybe they moved the clog lol. You say concentrated, so two bottles in one tank? Or 19gallons of it? Jk 🤣🤷🏻‍♂️
  2. X

5.0 stumble issue

There was just a tiny bit of gunk in the core. I would think it would be fine that way, but I'm no professional lol. I don't think it leaked either cause I never smelled any fuel. I had been talking with boomin about it and he thinks the same, that it could've been a blockage in the fuel rail...
  3. X

5.0 stumble issue

So in short, my issue is completely fixed, but I'm not sure exactly why. It had been getting worse, rarely stalling, but more issues with a terrible idle at times. I decided to check fuel pressure and got 0psi. Okay so I press the Schrader valve on the fuel rail with a screwdriver and...
  4. X

5.0 stumble issue

So here's exactly what it's doing for one part of this. I drove it around and warmed it up. Turned it off for a couple mins, then the following two mins after starting it did it's thing in reverse. In the end you can see it cleared up and didn't drop in reverse anymore. If you look at the edge...
  5. X

5.0 stumble issue

I replaced the crank sensor for the hell of it. Getting the belt back on was the worst part lol. I found a thread by mbruffey saying to take tensioner out and that definitely made that easier. Problem persisted after replacement. So I took the ground wire going to block/frame and cleaned it all...
  6. X

5.0 stumble issue

My bad you definitely even put crank sensor in all caps lol. I'll look into that. Is it something I can throw a multimeter on to check it out?
  7. X

5.0 stumble issue

I sure hope not, for you or I! Vacuum would be much easier. I know they go bad around the pcv. It's just a pain it get my hand in there and check it. AWD. Yea it has no issues restarting and starts pretty well overall. This is the second 5.0 that's been in it since it's been swapped from a...
  8. X

5.0 stumble issue

Have a 97 5.0 past month or so it started as I would turn right at a little more than a 90 degree turn into my driveway. One of those sloped gutters that pops you up some. By the time both front tires get up it tries to stall. If I go slower it will stall, if I just keep my speed and lightly...
  9. X

How to: Fog Lights with Parking Lights

Followed the same method as @PghBill. Not a whole lot of pictures in here so figured I'd add my own. Really easy to get to without removing hardly anything. I followed the directions but in hindsight a jumper wire isn't necessary, just plug the cut end into the T and you're good. I also wired...
  10. X

Skyjacker shocks

I'll have to double check the extension on droop. I can't remember. I'm pretty sure they don't max out though. But three of the shocks that have gone bad have been on the rear. This is the first front one. One of those was pitted. My rear does not max out at all.
  11. X

Skyjacker shocks

Seals. I left about an inch of shaft past my front bump stops, my steering limits the front droop. My rear comes no where near close.
  12. X

Skyjacker shocks

I seem to be having terrible luck with them. Less than 1000 miles and they fail.
  13. X

Skyjacker shocks

Anyone have experience with the skyjacker m95 shocks? I've had two of them replaced under warranty already, one leaked, one got pitted. And after my last trip out I have two that are leaking. Not trashing on them very hard either. Am I just too hard on them or are they just that bad? $75 each...
  14. X

Factory engine running data

Hey guys. So I have a 97 explorer that was a 4.0. it's been body swapped to a 97 V8 mounty chassis. I usually use an edge insight CTS for extra gauges reading factory sensors on the computer and odb codes. Issue I'm having is it won't read the sensor data anymore. Like ECT, oil, gas level, rpm...
  15. X

How to: Steering mod: Rag Joint to U-joint ZJ Shaft

Yea I got mine on eBay. The year range specified matched and I didn't notice how the connection looked. Paid $30, oh well. I'll keep looking. Maybe? https://www.ebay.com/itm/174155447308
Back