Recent content by XLT16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by XLT16

1. X

2020 Explorer as a rental...

I imagine it was Cafe standards that moved Ford to it or perhaps it was a way to move you up trim levels, pay up for the V6 with the new model. I just checked the current Autotrader.ca ads for used Explorers from 2015 to 2019, of the 543 listed just 45 were 4 cyl, unscientific but just 8%, not...
  2. X

Who is dissatisfied with the 2020 Ten-Speed Trans

Here some more info on the Ford 10 speed tranny and issues. It was jointly developed with GM but for some reason it is Ford who is having the problems with it. I have a 2020 Camaro (as well as my Explorer) , about 3k miles on it now, no issues with the 10 speed in it. 11 Things You Need to...
  3. X

Who is dissatisfied with the 2020 Ten-Speed Trans

Class action lawsuits filed against the 10 speed in the F150 ... Ford F-150 10R80 Transmission Class Action Lawsuit Filed
  4. X

2020 Explorer as a rental...

I have a '16 XLT and have been snooping around looking for a replacement. I was very surprised that a little 4 cyl was standard on th XLT and you had to move up trims to get a V6. What idiot decided to match a 4 cyl with a full size SUV?? I may have to look at other brands.
  5. X

Heated Seat Driver side not warm any more

Did they explain how the seating element corroded? Is it condensation or just a sweaty ass lol I imagine that condensation might be an issue in cold climates as they cool down. Wonder if there is any way to inspect it without tearing the seat apart?
  6. X

Sparking sound from interior

Might be a loose wire causing the speaker to make a noise that sounds like sparking or a damaged speaker. Speakers are low voltage, not likely to be a fire issue.
  7. X

Proving Oil Changes?

After reading this I am glad I keep a log and receipts for oil and filters. Just takes a minute with each oil change to note it , the mileage , stuff the receipt in a envelope with the log, put it all in my car file. I do both my vehicles with synthetic oil , usually runs about $35-40 Cdn...
  8. X

Transmission Slipping - Updated 8/23/22 Back in the shop!

Wow, that sucks ! I had a Ford Windstar back in '99. First year they had to replace the engine, not rebuild it, replace it. Second year the tranny started slipping, I dumped it. Hate it when you run into that stuff !! I swore off Fords for some time because of that, just returned with...
  9. X

Transmission Slipping - Updated 8/23/22 Back in the shop!

Just curious how many miles on this Explorer?
  10. X

HELP! New TPMS training on 2016 Explorer

Sure but look at this way, I don't need winter tires , we spend the winter in Florida :)
  11. X

HELP! New TPMS training on 2016 Explorer

I've used the emerg flasher method for 3 yrs rotating my tires, turn on and off 3 times on my 2016 and it goes into training mode. Easiest way to train them. Vehicle enters train mode , then you follow the instructions on which wheel to train by letting air out. Easy peasy. I have left...
  12. X

Ford Explorer: Are Your Rear Brakes Dragging... Most Likely Yes!

Sure could be but the Service Mgr should have told me that, didn't hear anything along those lines. What they told me is they were heating it up repeatedly over a three day period, that seems odd to me. If someone would have called me day two and said heh were trying some sprays on it...
  13. X

Now I've finally got to talk to the service manager, day 4, the general manager has done what he can and got his attention. Sounds like they will write of the non-warranty costs regarding the rotors and pads. What an ordeal though, should have never come to this if they would have started...
  14. X

I got a call from the Gen'l Mgr at the Ford St Petersburg Autonation dealership finally last night. Service mgr never did contact me despite my repeated voicemails asking him to call me. Gen'l mgr says it will be done tomorrow, now day 4, we'll see. The issue they say is that they can't get...
  15. X

Tomorrow day four, still haven't fixed my Explorer. They tell me that they can't get the hub off just now 4 pm on day three, sure ok, three days to come to that conclusion, maybe tomorrow. Worst service I have ever had in my 45 yrs of vehicle ownership from Autonation Ford in St...
Back