Recent content by zach.stov | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by zach.stov

1. Z

2005 XLT -- 5 Speed Swap M5OD

Hello everyone! Thanks in advance for the help and suggestions. I have a 2005 Explorer XLT with just at 100,000 miles on it. I have owned the truck for 7 years now and it has been a great vehicle. I have the 4.0 SOHC V6 and 2WD platform and I am always impressed with where this conglomerate of...
  2. Z

01 Sport Trac Headlights/Fog Lights Will Not Turn On

Same issue with my 05 XLT. Fuses are all fine. Is it a relay? Did anyone solve this issue?
  3. Z

05 Headlight Issue

Hi all, Yesterday I went about installing the Error Code Eliminators from DDMTuning.com to pair with my existing DDM Tuning HID lights. I figured the Error Code Eliminators would stop the flickering issue I had when turning on my Explorer with the Auto Lamp feature. If my lights were switched...
  4. Z

ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Remote Reservoir Bolt In Coilovers

Awesome.. Very interested to hear more
  5. Z

Cross Bar Recommendation

I have a pair of 2005 XLT running boards for sale. They look brand new but I'm really just trying to get them out of the garage. I live in Dallas, TX - if the shipping would be worth it i'll pretty much just give them to you.
  6. Z

Photos 3rd gen pic's

They rub at full lock but otherwise not at all
  7. Z

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Finally got the 265/70/17's on [/IMG] [/IMG]
  8. Z

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Those spacers make a huge difference. Looks awesome - Ill definitely be getting some when I get new tires. Where did you get your antenna?
  9. Z

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Also, for you guys with faded trim, I took the advice of a bunch of people on here and bought my $4.50 bottle of Mothers Back to Black. WOW best 5 bucks I've ever spent. Did this on the back step, roof racks and hood cowl. [/IMG]
  10. Z

Photos 3rd gen pic's

My 05 XLT 4x2. Put this truck through hell and its been in places no 4x2 should have gone. Still lookin' good too. Thinking a 1.75/1.5 spacer lift and 265/70/17s are right around the corner. Also waiting on my hunter brush gaurd and flowmaster 40 in the mail! wooot! [/IMG] [/IMG]
  11. Z

Photos 3rd gen pic's

No running boards and custom intake (dead links) engine needs a clean
  12. Z

Halo Fog Lights

Thanks - Just ordered them. I'll post some pics when I get them installed :)
  13. Z

Halo Fog Lights

Has anyone used these or something similar? I've got two broken fog lights enclosures and bulbs and are looking for something brighter to replace them with...
  14. Z

" Stage 2 " Intake 04-05

Success! Just finished this mod - Looks and sounds great. Noticed a definite increase in highway passing ability. Really drones at 3-4K RPM with positive pedal vibration. Even got a great whistle/suction sound at anything over 1,500 RPM. Cool deal. I'll post a picture tomorrow when it's...
  15. Z

EXHAUST - I want it loud

Ok, Thank you.. I think Flowmaster 40's are what I'm going with. Any difference between the originals 40's and the super 40's? Also, my truck is currently in the shop or I would look myself but what is the IN/OUT muffler configuration on 2005 4.0 XLTs?
Back