Recent content by ZRacer83 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by ZRacer83

1. Z

Treadwear Issue with Ventus S1 Noble 2 Hankooks

Even if the vehcile was driven hard, the tires should still not be that worn at 12K miles. They ended up replacing them with the same tires. Hopefully I will get at least 25K out of them like most have.
  2. Z

Update: After going back and forth with Ford Customer Care for over a month, they still say they will not cover the tires. They said the Ford New Vehicle warranty only covers the tires if it is determined they are defective. The kicker is that it is up to the tire manufacture to determine if...
  3. Z

Thanks for the information!!! I appreciate you checking with the wife! I think you are right. I think there was a bad batch out there. It seems as though many people are having no problems, but I have also seen several reviews of people having the same problem with their EX...all are on 2016's.
  4. Z

Hahaha. I am the secret lead foot driver, but I only drive it occasionally on the weekends.
  5. Z

The one thing I am sure of is that my wife does not drive aggressively. She doesn't drive aggressive enough. Lol! The older Hankooks seem to be lasting a lot longer than this model. The ratings on Tire Rack are fine except for the reviews by Explorer owners. There were several that seem to be...
  6. Z

The one thing I am sure of is that my wife does not drive aggressively. She doesn't drive aggressive enough. Lol! The older Hankooks seem to be lasting a lot longer than this model.
  7. Z

Thanks! I skipped to the Hankook section of the warranty guide and completely overlooked that. Time to go back to the dealer. They originally said they wouldn't do anything and that it was up to the tire manufacturer.
  8. Z

Must have overlooked that part. Under the Hankook section, they state they will replace them if there is a defect within the first 25% of treadlife. After that they just prorate.
  9. Z

Thanks for asking but I work in the automotive industry and am pretty well versed in measuring tire tread depth. The dealer also confirmed my finding.
  10. Z

Sorry, meant 35 psi. Other car is 32.
  11. Z

All four are at 4/32s and have been inflated at the recommended 32 psi. Tires have been rotated every 5k so wear is pretty even.
  12. Z

Thanks Jon. Good to know yours are holding up well, but even more frustrating that mine aren't even close to lasting as long as. Clearly something is wrong.
  13. Z

I have a 2016 X Sport with 12,000 miles on it and the original Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2 tires only have 4/32 of tread left on them. This my wife's daily driver used to take the kids to school and run errands so it is by no means driven hard. Hankook only wants to pro-rate them at 25% which I...
  14. Z

2016 Explorer Transmission troubles

I think it is safe to say that the rental is going to ended up getting paid for so you can probably go ahead and get one. Just find out what rental car conpany they use (hopefull Enterprise) or if they have their own loaners. You will need to leave a credit card to get the rental, but Ford will...
  15. Z

2016 Explorer Transmission troubles

I had the exact same issue. It took almost a week for the dealer to get to my car and diagnos the problem. I insisted on a rental. With only 4k miles and an obvious transmission problem, there was no way I was going to let them not provide me with a rental.
Back