show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread | Page 54 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

yeah, so i wanted to separate men from mice and see your LIFTED explorer.
(yes, i´m gonna steal ideas for my soon to be x)
also this thread could be really cool for everyone else who´s into jacked up trucks.

keep 'em coming!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...my Project X under construction...:D

camping012kt7.jpg

paint002kv4.jpg

thturkey07002xq1.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Better pic. This was after the Cliffs trip.

vbpgimage.php

..i think jdraper's X is the same color's also...it hides the scrapes but shows the dents...:D

You must have a nicer shade than me then. White hides scraps fantastic.

...mine is now a grey metal color...lighter than the stock was by one shade...it actually looks lighter/darker, depending how it is lit...;)

Nice... I plan on repainting it in a year or two....probably when i do my SAS.

heres mine,
l_c1e8e285e9316f22a26bf2a179e7d32e.png

Stock
S4300150.jpg

After the "Norm" 3" BL, Shackles, TT. 15X8 Craigers, and 33x12.50x15 Truxus MT's

S4300154.jpg

Now I need to get it dirty;)

??

is it safe to put a 5 inch lift on my 96 explorer because my mom talked to the
people at less schwab and they said its to dangerous now she *****in and sayin shes not going to by it?

people at less schwab and they said its to dangerous now she *****in and sayin shes not going to by it?

As long as you know how to drive it you'll be fine.
Don't drive it like a sports car and know your limitations.

I've never heard of any of the major companies making a 5" lift for a 2nd gen explorer.... I would say it could be dangerous if the company that makes the lift is unreputable.

And lifts on explorers are not dangerous. afterall.... cars dont kill people. stupid and/or ignorant drivers kill people.

no company (that im aware of) makes a 5" lift. though there are other ways of achieving 5" of lift, like everyone says, if you know how to drive it, it wont be extremely dangerous. keep in mind even if you lift a civic you raise the center of gravity and the vehicle gains new driving characteristics, and a higher center makes it want to tip more.

Post a picture of your SUV/truck

snc18219tg5.jpg

snc18943ev7.jpg

snc17813gj6.jpg

ive waited over 2 years for the moment i can finally post in this thread:

IMG_3268COPY.jpg

IMG_3269COPY.jpg

IMG_3270.jpg

F-150 coil seats, warrior shackles, 30x10.50x15 bfg muds on 15x8 wheels with 3.25 backspacing

ive waited over 2 years for the moment i can finally post in this thread:

IMG_3268COPY.jpg

IMG_3269COPY.jpg

IMG_3270.jpg

F-150 coil seats, warrior shackles, 30x10.50x15 bfg muds on 15x8 wheels with 3.25 backspacing

I LOVE IT!!! Beautiful...

Little update to mine i guess. It got dirty for the first time in a while.....:)

Front-end.jpg

Little-hill.jpg

Exploer-in-water.jpg

Back