I've been violated!

Icuff4cash

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Las vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 aerostar awd
last night some hood rat smashed out the back window stole my hi lift jack 5-1 port power unit. And a milk crate of tools and oil. It took 3 hours with the shop vac to clean the glass and remove the gasket. The gasket is bolted and glued in to secure the rear hatch. I cut the gasket off I did not know its bolted in the hatch and pulled it off. What cleans the glue off the hatch.

image.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Called safelight they want $300. It comes in a few shades tinted,light gray, green,dk gray. I would like to get the dk gray but no rw defogger option. I have the rw option. I have the priv glass on the sides.

This once happened to me with my 1988 van. I made a rear window out of polycarbonate. That van has an iron gate on the rear window, and they still broke the glass.

I built a turnstile machine, and have it in the driveway for less than a week. Somebody vandalized it last night around 9 PM. I usually see cars with broken windows during the summer on weekends. As a general rule, always cover things that you keep in your vehicle so that it doesn't become a target. I usually use a black garbage bag. Never leave things on a seat.

This once happened to me with my 1988 van. I made a rear window out of polycarbonate. That van has an iron gate on the rear window, and they still broke the glass.

Damn some people are so persistent. However, polycarbonate is a great solution to be honest.

If you found the glass at a yard it would probably be $100-200. I like that red leaf tree.

If you found the glass at a yard it would probably be $100-200.

Hatch with glass at a yard I go to, $70 plus $8 core charge. Glass - rear is $35.

The type of polycarbonate that I used was an old version which gets yellow over time. You can hardly see out of it now. They now make a new version with UV protection which doesn't turn yellow. It remains clear for many years.

Hatch with glass at a yard I go to, $70 plus $8 core charge. Glass - rear is $35.
Glass here in the southwest is in high demand I guess. Most yards around here are right in line with what car-part.com shows.

How much for the Polly, I hate to give up the great view from the rear. I was going to see Homer and get some 1/8 ply and paint it for a total of $20. This is the first window I ever saw that bolted in. I figured by the time I went to a bone yard bought a new gasket bolts and sealer I'm close to a pro install. The bolts I removed were gold anna

Are there any yards in Vegas that do window replacements? The pull N save here on 27th ave has a glass install shop in the parking lot. I've bought a few windows from them. The installed price was the same as what the other yards wanted for the glass alone.

I checked no back window. The jurked got 4 other trucks all white. Go figure why white SUV trucks or vans. They got my new hi lift jack and harbor frt. 5 way power station. I can't chech a break my breaks went a few weeks ago I'm getting them done next week. I still have an idle issue it comes and gos. And this heat my leaky transfer case the oil just runs out this morn at 9 am it was 105 . To hot to play in driveway

I know the feeling, my van is waiting on the correct booster and rear upper control arm bushing on the axle. My jeep has death wobble again and I can't drive above 40 mph with losing control. Way too much month left after my paycheck.

The type of polycarbonate that I used was an old version which gets yellow over time. You can hardly see out of it now. They now make a new version with UV protection which doesn't turn yellow. It remains clear for many years.
I'll actually check this out. Thanks.

The new ones are designed not to get discolored. The sheet that I used many years ago didn't have a special UV coating like the new ones. I've already used the new type outdoors over the past few years, and it looks the same as when it was new. Now the real question is why can't the automotive headlight manufacturers design their headlights not to discolor?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The new ones are designed not to get discolored. The sheet that I used many years ago didn't have a special UV coating like the new ones. I've already used the new type outdoors over the past few years, and it looks the same as when it was new. Now the real question is why can't the automotive headlight manufacturers design their headlights not to discolor?
What would you buy if it didn't discolor or get cloudy?

Back