Is transmission fluid flammable?

Icuff4cash

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Las vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 aerostar awd
guys you know my t case leaks around a pint 1/2 a month with all the cracks. Is it a fire bomb. Today I was felling good so I got some time out of my wheel chair and moved the pug shuttle in the drive way. I removed the chrome strips sanded the front bumper and painted it factory ford blue. It was shot and clear coat milky white. I saw a puddle infront of the house. I ate my black top and smelled. I duped my finger and it felt oily. I just had the fuel tank fixed but still have gas smell. I got some Scott blue shop towels stoped it up and back up the drive way I go. For ***** and giggles I threw the rags in a old metal can that was empty. Stupid me I want to see if it would light up. I got a small explosen the rag jumped 3 inches and black black smoke flowing down my driveway. Good thing I used metal can. Does trans fluid do that or is it gas.
I need tire help we talked about this before I can get 27-14 general grabbers for $100 at tire rack.
223-15 will run around 125 plus rims at $45 each not counting spare. I want to tow a popup again but 6" ground clearence is ruff in some camping sites with gullies. The 223 is a 29 tire giveing me 2 inches more of gc. Next
I been hunting for a selective transfuer case no luck out of a ranger or bronco 2. Has anyone put an explorer t case in a AREOSTAR eather electric or manual I want the 2 speed for low. So I can creep while pulling the trailer.
Help help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
This is the nose painted today very sunny so I don't know how the pic will turn out. They don't make that code blue so I found a dup color that's 99%. This new code has a small hint of flake. You probley saw it better from the factory. No flake on pug shuttle from factory.

Trans fluid does not explode.

I though so but trans fluid eats asphalt. It seams the hotter it is the more it oozes from the cracks. I'm due for a refill. I'm going to throw a Hail Mary here. I u tube every epoxie company and found something that might work. I was going to give it a jb weld rain coat untill I came across a permatex ad on u tube. Permatex has a rubber epoxie they came out with in a spray can with a shot tube or spray head. There claiming this will fix any oil pan,valve cover, transmission pan or case and gas tank. The unit must be low pressure leak cleaned with brake cleaner and spray 2 coats. Oil gas prof .
Comes in a blue spray can. $4.95 cheaper than a case and it's good to 300 temp. I've been driveing with the relay unplugged under the seat. If I plug it in I have a locker front and rear. The pug shuttle still has plenty of power Thursday I pulled a small tree about 8" dia trunk. A non fruit plum tree. Wrapped a snatch strap around the trunk placed it threw the tow ball low gear and 1 shot it walked it out no jurk ram or 20 foot run. Just a little above idle.

Trans fluid does not explode.
Josh why is my fuel tank leaking I forced myself under the tank. From the top of the fuel tank it's running out from the top down the sides and dripping from the tank strap. Are these tanks plastic or steel. I can't find any but from a bone yard in Kalamazoo for $165. Plus shipping. The tank is only pressure when pump runs. But when off and not running. I can see if leak on bottom but my tank is all wet from the top

Josh why is my fuel tank leaking I forced myself under the tank. From the top of the fuel tank it's running out from the top down the sides and dripping from the tank strap. Are these tanks plastic or steel. I can't find any but from a bone yard in Kalamazoo for $165. Plus shipping. The tank is only pressure when pump runs. But when off and not running. I can see if leak on bottom but my tank is all wet from the top
Plastic tank. Post pictures of the fuel trail. There is a vent valve and some plastic clips that could fail causing a fuel leak.

Ok I'll do it tonight watching hannety and trump

I'm posting a few pics and a video. It's just still leaking how from the top.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

My video won't post but you can see it leaks from top

New
guys you know my t case leaks around a pint 1/2 a month with all the cracks. Is it a fire bomb.

Just buy synthetic oil for your leaker. It will go a lot higher temp before it catches fire. don-ohio :)^)

Gas tank leaking like crazy from top. I had it fixed 2 weeks ago it was the pump seals. Now it's leaking worst. I'm doing drive it 6 miles tomarrow to same shop garented work for year. I hope it's not to much

Back