Solved - The fuel leak is fixed. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved The fuel leak is fixed.

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.

Icuff4cash

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Las vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 aerostar awd
this place has been quiet. I'm still waiting the out come of the pug shuttle. Fuel leakage as photo shows. 2 weeks ago they needed to replace the seals around the pump. But now it's worse I drove 6.3 miles and lost 1/4 tank of gas. But it's leaking parked bad a steady drip. Now parked one could assume maybe it's leaking from the injector back to tank but some time it has to run out of fuel. I did not happen untill I refilled my tank. When I got he can it had 1/2 tank. So on Sunday I filled it and the smell came back. On Tuesday I went to drive it and I lost just over a 1/4 leaked out. How can you have a steady drip it's against gravity

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hmmm, Maybe the fitting is leaking, where the fuel lines clip to the fuel pump, or fuel filter?

Could it be leaking under the strap? I'm not sure if Aerostars have metal fuel tanks or not.

Got a call 10 minutes ago. The strap on the top rubbed a wear mark and it's leaking tec says even jb weld won't stick for ever. He found a grade a tank used for $165. It has to be shipped fright cost to pull old tank swap everything over and install new tank total $465. Is that fair or high. It's going to take 3 weeks to get the tank and fit the pug shuttle.

For him it will be a 2-3 hour job at the most. But you will save yourself the hassle, and disposing the old tank will be his problem. The labor cost seems a bit high.

He claims he's only charging me $65. Labor he claims since its comming from Northern California is truck fright. Cal won't let a fuel tank used ship ups or fed ex. And $65.00 for new gasket to swap over my pump and tank hookups. He's also doing to replace some kind of gasket on the tank strap to prevent chafting so it don't happen again

Thanks I've been looking for a transfuer case for 6 months the shipping was $100. Plus the case this has been a bad month. I spent 300 2 weeks ago when he dropped the tank and replaced the seals. The juv thugs threw rocks threw my rear window so when I get it back its lexan because now I don't have $400 for new and $265 for used then shipping I might as well bought new. I need tires 1 2 weeks ago blew a belt. That's why I first took it in. I thought the rt. Front caliper went it was driveing in circles . But when they saw it was a tire he put a may pop on it for 30. But by 3 other tires are dry cracked from the heat out here they only have 5,000 miles on them no longer made. I thought about 235-15 but there $25 more a peice and I need rims at $40 each. The biggest 14" tire made is by General a 225-75-14 General ta grabber Wally World has them plus big o and discount for $99.00
Do I go for 15 or get the generals and still run my hub caps.

How did they not find a hole in the tank when replacing the pump seal?? Sounds fishy to me... At least compared to my 93, there are no straps on the top of the tank, only the bottom. There should have been foam pads between the body and the tank.

Maybe get some 14" ranger aluminum wheels and go with the 225s? Not sure if you could find some cheap, and they would fit. I'm thinking about body colored red steel wheels, white line tires, trim rings and the old school ranger center caps with the red centers to match the paint on my van. It would be different.

I though that also but he's been fair before. My strap on my 94 looks like a horse shoe. Maybe he ment on top were it rest on its side by the frame rail. My hubcaps don't look bad I have picks of the pug shuttle. They look like mag wheels and lug nuts. I just was looking for 15 to give my 1-1/2 extra ground clearance .

Well guys I'm back after an almost a month of separation $456.33 the pug shuttle is home. This its testing my faith in ford. I go to pick up the van. And the guy tells me my 2 tires on the drivers side exploded from the heat. My used tire I bought last month and my rear drivers tire. He put my full size spare on but it's really a will pop temp. Factory new from 1994. And a junker to get home. So I need 4 tires can't afford 15" rims I'm broke as hell bought a new car 2 days ago. General sells ther grabber TA. 27 8.5 14 for 99.00 it's a smigen larger than stock. I wanted the 28 for ground clearance . I have my overload springs and front lift sitting in the garage never installed. Put a new battery in it the day the gas tank went.
1. Yesterday sitting for a month on the way home my volt meter dipped to the 11 o'clock spot only at idle. Once driving it bounced to 1 o'clock charging then it settled back to 12 o clock norm. I had the ac on but it never did that before even with the bad battery.
2. We became a jeep family on Thursday our 2014 elentra gt was self destructing it only had 14,000. They fix everything but the interior so the wife said enuff is enuff.
The sun warped the back hatch when you TRYED to open the hatch it jamed on the glass roof and poped to open. The replaced and repainted match perfect. Next the head light buckets the clear lens cracked like an egg both at the same spot from the sun. 50% of the clear lens cover shattered replaced. My Windows have that Vegas uv film to protect the interior? The leather steering wheel the sun bleatched the dye out and part of the drivers seat. They refused the leather so the wie said we spent 30 grand for this special model Hyundai dump it.
She saw a 2016 jeep Cherokee trailhawk dark cherry 95% loaded no sun roof after they Hyundai I'll never get a glass roof and it don't have the self park and mirror warning spot. It sits nice a high on 265 tires ( they will fit the Aerostar and 17")
2 sp transfer case with electric locker. Jeep ran a Labor Day sale 20% plus 2 grand off on the oldest inventory . Which ment our 42 grand jeep we paid 28,300. She's happy it's a drinker not broken in on.y getting 15 mpg in city with now a total of 60 miles on it.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nice ride. My 99 grand cherokee has treated me very well. I wouldn't base your faith in ford on a 22 year old vehicle that Macgyver could have been the original owner of.

Back