Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
York, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Explorer
It is September and the EF Lottery Theme will be "First Responders"
For September submit media to show our gratitude to those who run into danger when others run out of the danger. The brave people, and animals, who provide emergency care and service to many who don't want them until they need them. Recent events show we need to support our first responders more than ever now. A first responder for the EF Lottery is defined as, but not limited to, Fire Fighters, EMS services, LEO's (police) etc. This can be media of personnel, buildings, memorials, equipment, etc. Anything that pertains to first responders.

Ending and drawing date will be on or about September 25, 2016. (NOTE: date is on or about, but not before. Reminder, a member can post media up to the drawing taking place)

Goal: To encourage members of the Explorer Forum to submit a photo and/or vid in accordance with the theme and award one member with an one year elite membership.

Only one submission to be entered into the drawing per member. Submission can contain multiable pics and or video(s) and/or links to pics/vids.
Members are encouraged to post positive feedback about other submissions. Please keep in mind that this not a chat thread.
Lottery information:
https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/2016-lottery-information.438717/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A couple pics from the past. It all started with my parents both being in the fire department when I was younger.

Tims%20Future%20Fire%20Fighter_zpsrvkfkmsv.jpg

Me in full turnout during a car extrication demonstration

190428_4688980985_169_n_zps2s1om5zw.jpg

The tattoo I drew up and got on my left calf

312521_10150296521179221_1127323424_n.jpg

Finally, a video I made years ago from various calls my station went on. A good amount of pics from me, the rest from other members.

A good amount of pics from me, the rest from other members.
Big thank you for your service! I just moved from Rockville back home to Texas after retiring from the Navy. I didn't recognize any events but a lot of places I remember.

If you've never been to the DC Metro Area, these guys stay busy! Again, thank you!

Big thank you for your service! I just moved from Rockville back home to Texas after retiring from the Navy. I didn't recognize any events but a lot of places I remember.

If you've never been to the DC Metro Area, these guys stay busy! Again, thank you!

You're welcome. I left the department about a year ago because I changed jobs and moved from the area, but I had a blast for the time I was there. Station 3 in the heart of Rockville is the 2nd busiest station in the county, and they run around 10,000 calls per year. At one point we had the 3rd busiest rescue squad on the east coast, and our ambulance was in the top 10 busiest in the country (if I remember correctly). I wouldn't hesitate to do any of it again.

Coming from my first training burn back in 2009. Made it 4 years in public safety, to now sticking with the medical as a Navy Corpsman. Working on my 4th year with the Navy. My father has been in the business over 30 years!
2je4mjq.jpg

Congrats extra-medium, your entry won the EF Lottery!! Thank you and all who provide these services for us.!! :salute:

A couple pics from the past. It all started with my parents both being in the fire department when I was younger.

Tims%20Future%20Fire%20Fighter_zpsrvkfkmsv.jpg

Me in full turnout during a car extrication demonstration

190428_4688980985_169_n_zps2s1om5zw.jpg

The tattoo I drew up and got on my left calf

312521_10150296521179221_1127323424_n.jpg

Finally, a video I made years ago from various calls my station went on. A good amount of pics from me, the rest from other members.

Congratulations extra-medium! I just set you up with a 1 year Elite Explorer membership.

I'm sorry I didn't get this month's contest out to the group in an announcement. It's been a very hectic month, and I completely missed it. :(

Back