• Register Today It's free!

No headlights, only high beams?

SJSJJ

Reaction score
City, State
North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Sport Trac
No clue what is causing this issue, Only the brights burn, no low beams. On occasion the low beams will stay on for a moment if you turn the brights off. Burning brights all the time isn't ideal. Currently my high beams are not that bright (could be the bulb or whatever is causing the low beams not to work). The Fog lights do work and with the brights off they burn how they should. Was told to look into a new LOM (Light outage module) But the symptoms for that are a tad different to my issue. Any advice and help is greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Several of the early sport tracs have issues with the multifunction switch - windshield wiper, turn signal, high-beam switch wiring. I've owned 3 different sport tracs and they've all eventually had this issue - it's never been the been the switch itself - the wires just get pulled out of the connectors when I'm adjusting the steering wheel. You might want to check that out first before you buy a new switch.

No clue what is causing this issue, Only the brights burn, no low beams. On occasion the low beams will stay on for a moment if you turn the brights off. Burning brights all the time isn't ideal. Currently my high beams are not that bright (could be the bulb or whatever is causing the low beams not to work). The Fog lights do work and with the brights off they burn how they should. Was told to look into a new LOM (Light outage module) But the symptoms for that are a tad different to my issue. Any advice and help is greatly appreciated.
Release emergency break

Back