Pioneer backup cam in Alpine License Plate Bracket | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pioneer backup cam in Alpine License Plate Bracket

Briggslite

Reaction score
City, State
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 Mountaineer AWD V8
Just wanted to share, if you are looking for a way to mount your backup camera and bought the Pioneer backup camera the Alpine License Plate Bracket does fit the Pioneer camera.

Here is a picture of the mounting, I'll post more when I get it installed. I already was able to route the first half of the backup camera cables as it has a plug 2/3 of the way down.

10nyxpg.jpg

If anyone is curious, this really isn't bad to install. You'd need the trim tools to pop off a few panels to run the wires but really it's easy. I ran the cables along the drivers side, removing the kickpanel, sill plates, and the trim piece below the drivers side seat belt. There is a plastic channel with the vehicle wiring harness right there, just pop it open and run your cable. I cut a small hole in the top of the channel towards the bottom of the back door to pop it up and run it up to the headliner. Then I took the back panel off the liftgate, took off the license plate, unbolted the trim above the license plate and started running the cable from the back to meet in the middle. I didn't over do securing the cable at first so I made sure that I had enough to run through the rubber boot at the top of the liftgate and into the truck and to the other end as this camera has a plug in the middle. Really, not a bad install and looks clean.

To get the wires inside from the license plate bracket I ran straight up into the trim piece with the license plate lights and there are tabs and a hole with a rubber grommet to put the cables inside with. I slit the grommet and put these extra wires in and electrical taped it back together. Really works well, I'll post pictures of the final product later but wanted to share.

Back