Sidewall Failures of Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sidewall Failures of Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2

My wife's 2016 Explorer with 4,186 suffered an inside sidewall blowout. Fortunately we were just leaving the house and only going about 25mph when the tire blew. The tires were properly inflated and we don't believe the tire had ever struck an object (road hazard). Interestingly, Hankook issued a recall on 48,000 of this model tire in January 2016. While the tire size is different (recall was for Hyundai Genesis), the problem noted in the recall is the same. I also found several instances on the Internet of similar sidewall failures on other 2016 Explorers. Having no confidence in the Hankooks, I have asked the dealer/Ford to replace all four tires with Michelins. Has anyone on the forum experienced sidewall failures with this tire or aware of others who have. It appears to me Hankook may have a quality/engineering issue with this model tire. I am sure glad it did not fail on the freeway at 65mph.

Back