How big or tall can I go with tires | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How big or tall can I go with tires

blove508

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 ford explorer xlt
Just did a leveling kit on my 08 explorer. 2.5 rear and 3 front. How big/tall tires can I go? Any ideas?

Just did a leveling kit on my 08 explorer. 2.5 rear and 3 front. How big/tall tires can I go? Any ideas?
What kit did you use? The only kits available are the Traxda kits which are 2.5 in the front and 1.25 in the back.

What kit did you use? The only kits available are the Traxda kits which are 2.5 in the front and 1.25 in the back.
Yes that's the kit I used....couldn't remember if it was what I said or u said...I'm going with what u said so yes how tall or big can I go? I don't need to meaty of a tire since only "off reading" I do is drive down a orv beach

Yes that's the kit I used....couldn't remember if it was what I said or u said...I'm going with what u said so yes how tall or big can I go? I don't need to meaty of a tire since only "off reading" I do is drive down a orv beach
Well, if you're going for a more offroad look 32" tires are the largest you can put under without any major problems. If not, 265/70s are about the largest you're going to get. They're equivalent of 32s. Watch out for the camber problems that are resulting from your upper ball joints being pushed up and out. Not sure exactly what kind of tires you're looking at but i'm happy to help you decide if you need the help!

Back