I can NOT get the clutch line to attach to the Slave!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I can NOT get the clutch line to attach to the Slave!!

TreDen

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer
I've tried and tried.

I have a 92 ford explorer. I changed the Slave with a 94 ford slave. I put the tranny back in, hooked everything back up, filled everything with fluid.

Then I went to attach the Clutch line...wouldnt snap in. I tried and tried, so I go and buy a brand new Master with new line pre bled for 160 bucks!

Install it, and guess what. It won't snap in. I have tried everything. It will not go in. Everything looks ok in the slave, it's brand new. I can feel with my fingers the metal clips sticking out correctly. Everything is new. Why will it not work.

This truck is really starting to wear on me, it's been weeks.

Any thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On mine I think I have an AMS auto master with an o'reilly slave. Mine doesn't just snap in, It is held in with a clip. Can you post a picture of the connection?

Can I buy a 1994 hydraulic line and connect that to the master and slave?

Tre you've probably sorted your problem out by now but I had the same problem recently. I wasn't about to pull the trans again so here's what I did. The sides of the clip are slightly rounded which is why it won't stay locked in. I took my clip and rubbed it on a whetstone (knife sharpener) until the edges were nice and sharp. Just for good measure I took a file to the coupler from the master cylinder. I filed in the groove around the coupler (the one that the clip is "supposed to" lock into) just enough to square up the sides of the grove. After that it snapped together like it's supposed to and stayed.

Yes the old style couplers were a pain in the butt and these are supposed to be easier but I have to ask, did the manufacturer even real world test the idea before forcing on us?

I've tried and tried.

I have a 92 ford explorer. I changed the Slave with a 94 ford slave. I put the tranny back in, hooked everything back up, filled everything with fluid.

Then I went to attach the Clutch line...wouldnt snap in. I tried and tried, so I go and buy a brand new Master with new line pre bled for 160 bucks!

Install it, and guess what. It won't snap in. I have tried everything. It will not go in. Everything looks ok in the slave, it's brand new. I can feel with my fingers the metal clips sticking out correctly. Everything is new. Why will it not work.

This truck is really starting to wear on me, it's been weeks.

Any thoughts?
It's not the same slave I had the same problem. One takes a retainer clip and one takes a retainer ring. Make sure you got the right one.

I bet he worked out this issue 4 years ago....

Back