Mr Cribb's 2001 Mustang GT build

mr cribb

US Army Retired
Reaction score
City, State
Naylor, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Z71, 89 stepside
I bought this Mustang 9/29/16. I gave $750 for it, because it was in horrible condition. I have made it into something from just about nothing. This was pretty much bound for the scrap yard when I got it.

How I got it:
IMG_1615%201_zpso3noz2yj.jpg

IMG_1616%201_zpshoerdxob.jpg

IMG_1668_zps9j3xvvcw.jpg

IMG_1614%201_zpsinmbbv7e.jpg

Starting to look better:
IMG_1706_zpsmfpp3qef.jpg

IMG_1715_zpsetr3ohwz.jpg

Engine degreased and put back together. New water pump, coils, plugs, and intake manifold
IMG_1852_zps1uhuxpvi.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interior white face gauge overlays
IMG_1858_zpszffebx0d.jpg

IMG_1859_zps9horseem.jpg

IMG_1868_zpscjjvpfqi.jpg

Steeda short shifter and cobra styled shift knob
IMG_1860_zpsxqqjtthu.jpg

IMG_1861_zpsmi4opwsu.jpg

Cobra front end
IMG_1872_zpsb8hhdalh.jpg

I got to drive it 5 miles before I found out the rear end was junk. Now saving money to upgrade the rear end. I picked up a junkyard alternator from an 01 PI Crown Vic (130 amp) that had 90k. It works better than the old one, as the old one didn't work at all.

I have also replaced the battery and any other wear out items. I got the car without an upper radiator hose, cat crapped carpet because the windows were left down and a cat decided to give birth in the car. I have conditioned and cleaned and cleaned and conditioned all the interior parts, and they shine now. Since I had missing parts like a hose and crappy carpet (literally) I decided to go ahead and do the heater core and all associated hoses while the interior was stripped.

the outside didnt really look too bad other then the passengers fender. hell, it even looks like someone had started prepping it for paint

the outside didnt really look too bad other then the passengers fender. hell, it even looks like someone had started prepping it for paint
It was, the story I got was paint shop closed suddenly, car was left stranded and then partially raped. It had aftermarket fenders on it that were crap. They weren't aligned right and the doors caved both sides in at the door jambs.

It was a total loss in 8/2008 according to the title and carfax report. I haven't taken the time to put on the other OEM fender on the drivers side yet. I will before I send it to paint.

Looks good, $750 is a good deal. Most of them I see have no engine and salvage title for that price.

It was, the story I got was paint shop closed suddenly, car was left stranded and then partially raped. It had aftermarket fenders on it that were crap. They weren't aligned right and the doors caved both sides in at the door jambs.

It was a total loss in 8/2008 according to the title and carfax report. I haven't taken the time to put on the other OEM fender on the drivers side yet. I will before I send it to paint.

yup. aftermarket sheet metal fits horrible. hate em. would rather go used oem.
cant wait to see how this turns out. love seeing stuff rise from the ashes.

I sold this rat ******* in mid March. It needed a complete axle rebuild. I lost a little money from my investment, but I am glad it's gone.
This car was a total disappointment.
If I do another mustang again, it's going to be a little bit older like 79-93 era, where there wasn't AS MUCH plastic used to hold it together.

Back