• Register Today It's free!

Bed extender repair

rjb4cards

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 sport trac adrenalin
Anyone know how to replace the plunger pin which the piece you latch on each side after flipping the extender?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

remove the circlip and they pull right out. Put the new one in and put the circlip back in. arrow show the clip. About 38 bucks as I recall - I had one rusted solid.

circlip.jpg

remove the circlip and they pull right out. Put the new one in and put the circlip back in. arrow show the clip. About 38 bucks as I recall - I had one rusted solid.

View attachment 96831

Thank you very much! I was only able to get the silver clip most of the way on. It was very difficult. Any trick there? Thanks!

I used a pair of small screwdrivers - get one side locked in then push the other side. Assuming you dont have a quality pair of snap ring pliers. Then its a breeze and takes like 3 seconds...

I used a pair of small screwdrivers - get one side locked in then push the other side. Assuming you dont have a quality pair of snap ring pliers. Then its a breeze and takes like 3 seconds...

Thank you very much. I love my new truck and this forum too!

Back