What to look for in used early-mid 90s Aerostars. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What to look for in used early-mid 90s Aerostars.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well the guy with the AWD aerostar I wanted wouldn't come down to a reasonable price. No way I'm paying 1800 bucks for a van with a cracked windshield no check engine light and no functional AC in the desert. So I bought a Sienna, and that's probably as close as I'll ever come to owning an Aerostar.

toyotas have great reputations,

I just had a 94 Toyota Previa in my shop that was AWD and Supercharged. It was a sweet and unique ride for sure. Of course being a Toyota it required Toyota only Wiper blades at $28 each wholesale. Damn washer squirter mounts were built into the arms.

Darn thing has great power for what it is, if I had a use for it I would have bought it off the lady for sure.

Only thing I have to add about areos is don't get a 3.0, make sure it's the 4.0 engine.

Well the guy who had the one I wanted wouldnt sell it for less than 1800 even though it had no working AC, a cracked windshield and other less serious issues. No way I was paying that much for a van with no AC when its 90 degrees out already so I bought myself a 2000 Sienna. Not quite a Previa but the AC works, and I'll probably get another Previa someday. I like the Sienna for around town and highway but the Previa was great in the poor conditions I used to take it. Its no 4x4 but more than once I found myself on a bad road that turned into a 4x4 track and I never got stuck once. I won't be doing those things in a Sienna.

Back