Touchscreen likes to change to massage settings screen | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Touchscreen likes to change to massage settings screen

rcunn87

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016, Explorer Limited
About a week ago, I was making a couple of phone calls, and the screen changed to the massage settings and turned on the massage functionality. I didn't think too much of it, and I turned the massage off and clicked the home button. A few minutes later it happened again, and again. Sometimes it would turn on the massage, sometimes it just brings me to the screen. I got home tried to google my problem and couldn't find anything.

The next time or two when I drove my car nothing happened. Took a 4 hour road trip, and nothing happened, but on the return from the trip it was bringing me to the massage screen constantly (not turning on the massage though). Now it seems like it happens all the time.

Anyone encounter this before and have a fix? I'd bring it to the dealer, but I have a feeling they'll just tell me its not reproducible.

*Edit Vehicle is 2016 Explorer Limited

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

About a week ago, I was making a couple of phone calls, and the screen changed to the massage settings and turned on the massage functionality. I didn't think too much of it, and I turned the massage off and clicked the home button. A few minutes later it happened again, and again. Sometimes it would turn on the massage, sometimes it just brings me to the screen. I got home tried to google my problem and couldn't find anything.

The next time or two when I drove my car nothing happened. Took a 4 hour road trip, and nothing happened, but on the return from the trip it was bringing me to the massage screen constantly (not turning on the massage though). Now it seems like it happens all the time.

Anyone encounter this before and have a fix? I'd bring it to the dealer, but I have a feeling they'll just tell me its not reproducible.

*Edit Vehicle is 2016 Explorer Limited
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Have you tried a Master Reset? If not try that to see if it might fix the issue. You may lose a few memory settings.
You didn't have to use the 'Edit'. The info is shown in the profile in the margin.;)

Peter

I haven't tried a Master Reset yet. I'll try later and see what happens.

Yea I figured I didn't have to edit the post, but if I didn't someone would come along and ask if it was the one listed on my profile or another vehicle.

I haven't tried a Master Reset yet. I'll try later and see what happens.

Yea I figured I didn't have to edit the post, but if I didn't someone would come along and ask if it was the one listed on my profile or another vehicle.
That's usually me.:D But only if there isn't a vehicle c/w trim level shown.

Well, I master reset it and it happened again.

Well, I master reset it and it happened again.
Not sure if you want to try the battery disconnect or not. Check out this thread; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...-disconnecting-negative-battery-cable.427676/
If the Master Reset didn't cure it I don't know if the battery disconnect would. You could try it or take it to the dealer to see if they can diagnose it. You are the first to report this issue so we don't have any kind of 'history' on the problem. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Please keep us up to date on the issue. Thank you.

Peter

What about error messages from the APIM ? Have an iCarsoft and the APIM-modul gives no errors...

Well I disconnected the battery this past weekend and it didn't seem to help the problem. I have a sneaking suspicion it only happens when I have my phone connected with bluetooth. I also think there is an update for sync out that is not listed on the website. The website says I have SYNC2 v3.7.

Well I disconnected the battery this past weekend and it didn't seem to help the problem. I have a sneaking suspicion it only happens when I have my phone connected with bluetooth. I also think there is an update for sync out that is not listed on the website. The website says I have SYNC2 v3.7.
The website isn't always reliable. Apparently the latest is V3.10 but it is a dealer install. If you check this sub forum there is a thread with a link to the update but as always, use at your own risk.

Peter

Back