• Register Today It's free!

Headlight Out Message

lewfx

Reaction score
City, State
Torrance, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007, limited v6
Hello everyone, I am new to Explorer Exploration family. I have Googled my problem which lead me to this forum. I found some answers but need further assistance. I have a 2007 Explorer V6 Limited and the passenger side low beam will not work. The driver side low works and both high beams work. I checked #4 and #8 fuses and all fine, switched out fuses to make sure as well. I researched the LOM which I cannot find on my car, I heard about multi function switch. Does anyone have any thoughts or can assist me in finding this LOM if applicable.

Thanks, Jeff

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Jeff.

The high and low beam function is handled by the same bulb...the low beam filament may be bad and it could just be a simple bulb change. You could try swapping driver/passenger bulbs to verify.

I recommend changing both bulbs if one goes bad too.

John

Thanks for replying.

I had HIDs before I put back the stock bulb. I did switch the pass HID bulb to the driver side and it worked.

I also have this for my switch

1S9951__ra_p.jpg

I called my local ford dealership and they want $54.64 for the part. I wont order it unless I can confirm it is the problem.

Just received my part and tried it. No luck. Anyone have any ideas? Multi-switch lever?

I bought a DRL module but apparently my car does not have it either!! Can I pigging back the good side to the bad side without blowing out wiring??

don't HID lights use ballast? do you think it could be that?

I have regular bulbs in right now

have you tried using a fuse tester or multi meter on the fuses inside the fuse box to see if that headlights fuse i even getting power?

if it is getting power at the fuse box maybe there is a damaged wire, connection or ground.

I used the multimeter and it read .03 x .001 x 5 and the good side got .5 x .03 and 12. I ended up slicing the good wires and running them across to the harness and got it to work but didn't solve the problem.

Back