The 96 with only 58,900 miles | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The 96 with only 58,900 miles

I literally JUST posted her for sale but thought I'd share some pics before she goes byebye

DSGDWL7.jpg

21Z2oXj.jpg

Lja0CCz.jpg

DbP5QNs.jpg

vWJisV3.jpg

NudWcUY.jpg

gp8idIa.jpg

ULWnv2X.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

MeFVLYT.jpg

RnwPBSb.jpg

wwjbjvt.jpg

lKgg2eD.jpg

w6LxoHd.jpg

wxe9zbW.jpg

EM3nZeW.jpg

Why sell? Not common finding them so low

We have the Mountaineer (which is a 97 302 + awd + uber tow package) which JUST hit 102k miles (also nearly spotless), I have a Miata, and I work from home. There is just no need for another vehicle which barely gets driven. The darn tires are starting to crack and they still have 90% tread depth, haha. So, I'd rather sell her (hopefully to someone who appreciates her) and put the money into our business.

Where/when did you pick it up?

Tucson about a year and a half ago. Belonged to an elderly couple. They bought it used in 99 at about 30k miles and then proceeded to put about 25k miles on her over the next 18 years, haha.

Has all the documentation since new. Down to individual oil changes (most of them anyways). Even has the original dealer window sticker and Ford Explorer Brochure.

Tucson about a year and a half ago. Belonged to an elderly couple. They bought it used in 99 at about 30k miles and then proceeded to put about 25k miles on her over the next 18 years, haha.

Has all the documentation since new. Down to individual oil changes (most of them anyways). Even has the original dealer window sticker and Ford Explorer Brochure.
I got mine from a guy who got it passed down from his grandpa I think? Anyway it's got the window sticker with it, not the brochure

Mountaineer came from a similar situation. Also extensive record and almost all from Ford.
Explorer brochure even has annotation for the options the Explorer got.

Well, she sold :-( Sad to see her go but it went to a Ford guy at least

how much?

$4k firm is what I posted it for. The guy who showed up was a retiree & fellow vet. Sold for $3,800.

How is this pricing for the market at large? I dunno. What I can tell you is that the local used car market is horrid. Very little for sale, all overpriced, and mostly beat to crap with no maintenance. So, I hope my pricing was fair. Based on how many people I had contact me within 48h VERY interested I'd say I priced it well, haha. At least for our local market here. Maybe I should have posted it for more, haha.

Oh, I rounded up the miles since I was still driving her occasionally. Final miles when I dropped it off at the guys house ... 58,672

Back