How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 26 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
Just a quick question, can anybody with a 13-15 Explorer tell me if the compass heading shows up next to the temp display in the right instrument screen. Mine is not there and I know it was on my '12. Not sure if it got turned off with some other change I made.
Not sure if you got an answer but yes, it does on my 15 Ex Sport.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi... I saw your name floating around a lot having to do with FORSCan. I am familiar with the BCM spreadsheet and I have a question. I put in LED turn signals and of course get hyperflash. In the BCM there are supposed to be two codes that govern bulb outage error. 276-27-01 and 02. However, on my AsBuilt download from Ford, I do not have 276-27-02. I have a 2015 ExSport. I set the bit on 0 to disable but it made no difference - I am assuming because the rear code needs to be changed too. But it is not there to change. Is this something you can assist with or have you seen this before?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi... I saw your name floating around a lot having to do with FORSCan. I am familiar with the BCM spreadsheet and I have a question. I put in LED turn signals and of course get hyperflash. In the BCM there are supposed to be two codes that govern bulb outage error. 276-27-01 and 02. However, on my AsBuilt download from Ford, I do not have 276-27-02. I have a 2015 ExSport. I set the bit on 0 to disable but it made no difference - I am assuming because the rear code needs to be changed too. But it is not there to change. Is this something you can assist with or have you seen this before?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I think you are looking at the wrong spreadsheet. Are you looking at the 2016-up Explorers? 2016 the BCM changed so the values changed.

This is the one for your Explorer, yet there isn't a bulb out warning entry listed.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JHLK2oCBe-E5om9VNeY6e3NwboO9Em0dDBZIgUVyGxc/edit#gid=0

@jmr061 I believe was working on this for the 2011-2015 but he need a guinea pig to test it.

Has anyone programmed an intelligent access key yet with forscan? I haven't ventured too deep into the explorer yet, but was able to with my F1.

As far as obd access goes, personally I always go corded. It's much faster than the wifi/Bluetooth connects. Also go with an ms/can switch. There are lots of amazon knockoffs especially with the wireless ones. Anything under $20 is hit or miss.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01F0GVBWY/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is what I use. Simple, fast, and reliable.

Has anyone programmed an intelligent access key yet with forscan? I haven't ventured too deep into the explorer yet, but was able to with my F1.
I'm guessing you meant F-150 and not a Formula 1 car.;)

I'm guessing you meant F-150 and not a Formula 1 car.;)

Haha yes, just got lazy typing on the phone. I'd like to add a 3rd key for the explorer and mustang at some point.

As far as obd access goes, personally I always go corded. It's much faster than the wifi/Bluetooth connects. Also go with an ms/can switch. There are lots of amazon knockoffs especially with the wireless ones. Anything under $20 is hit or miss.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01F0GVBWY/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is what I use. Simple, fast, and reliable.

According to the Forscan team they don't have it setup to program vehicles from around 2011 onward. It's because ford has changed their INCODE/OUTCODE algorithm and there are no free online tools for this for this algorithm.

I believe the Explorer uses TIMED security access (PID for one of the control units stated this) so the INCODE/OUTCODE converter isn't needed just needs to have service procedure turned on in Forscan to use.

I think you are looking at the wrong spreadsheet. Are you looking at the 2016-up Explorers? 2016 the BCM changed so the values changed.

This is the one for your Explorer, yet there isn't a bulb out warning entry listed.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JHLK2oCBe-E5om9VNeY6e3NwboO9Em0dDBZIgUVyGxc/edit#gid=0

@jmr061 I believe was working on this for the 2011-2015 but he need a guinea pig to test it.
Oh, ok...that makes sense. So, I will be happy to be the test vehicle. I sent a note to jmr061 but have not heard back yet.
Thanks!!

Not sure if you got an answer but yes, it does on my 15 Ex Sport.
Thanks, I actually discovered that it got turned off when I made some changes in the IPC module in an attempt to turn on the climate control in the right screen. I reset the values to stock and the compass came back in the Nav menu and by the temp.

Any luck in adding the climate control in the right screen. I miss not have that in my 16

Any luck in adding the climate control in the right screen. I miss not have that in my 16
No luck. I'm still looking for a way to turn the Enhanced trip data option back on, auto fold the side mirrors when shutting off the car, and turning off hyper flash so i can get rid of my resistors. But I don't have much spare time to do the as built data comparisons to find the differences.

From the IPC, make the following changes.
720-05-01 D888 xxxx xxxx
720-02-01 4D85 BC50 1E26

No luck. I'm still looking for a way to turn the Enhanced trip data option back on, auto fold the side mirrors when shutting off the car, and turning off hyper flash so i can get rid of my resistors. But I don't have much spare time to do the as built data comparisons to find the differences.

Auto fold:
DDM
740-03-01 x84x xx
740-12-01 Fxxx

PDM
741-03-01 x84x xx
741-12-01 Fxxx

Has anyone been able to enable the aux line in with Forscan? I have the one seen here. Dead Link Removed

Auto fold:
DDM
740-03-01 x84x xx
740-12-01 Fxxx

PDM
741-03-01 x84x xx
741-12-01 Fxxx

Unfortunately I believe both of these edits only work for 2016 and up. Even though I have MS OBD reader, and power fold mirrors, the DDM and PDM modules do not exist. The Climate Control option in the IPC, line 720-05-01 does not exist and 720-02-01 4D85 BC50 1E26 only allows 2 digits in the last block.

In my 2015 Ex AS data, there is no line for the rear bulb outage indicator, only the front one. If you disable both, it is supposed to stop hyperflash. How can you compare it when there no code to compare it too? You can't add a line of code can you if there is none there, can you?

OK – looks like @jmr061 fixed the issue with hyperflash for LEDs using OBD2.
The lines that need to be changed within the BCM module are:

276-13-01 – in the first block of numbers, change to all zero’s (front bulb outage indicator)
276-14-01 – in the second block of numbers, change to all zero’s (rear bulb outage indicator)

I tested it on my 2015 Ex Sp and it is working fine so far. Here are some screenshots of the fix:

BCM As Built Module.PNG

Click the "play" button....

BCM Before Change.PNG

Change these to all zero's and click "write".

BCM with Change.PNG

After clicking "write", you will see a few error messages about checksum data, just click OK and it will update - it will make some strange clicking noises then it will ask you to cycle the ignition. It should work.... Make sure you click the round button next to the play button when you are finished to make sure the procedure is completed.

Thanks again to @jmr061 for the endless patience as he walked me through this.

Calvin Hobbes Color.jpg

New version released this week. 2.3.9

http://forscan.org/download.html

Now you can program regular keys (non keyless start). 2011-2015

Read factory keyless entry codes. 2011-2015

Initiate TPMS relearn. 2016-2017

Im so lost on the extended license/standard. I was playing today and wanted to look in the programming and it said I needed extended license. I have no problem paying them as this is a great tool to have. But I never see a dollar amount listed and have heard it isnt a life time license.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im so lost on the extended license/standard. I was playing today and wanted to look in the programming and it said I needed extended license. I have no problem paying them as this is a great tool to have. But I never see a dollar amount listed and have heard it isnt a life time license.

You don't pay for it. It expires in 3 months (maybe 2 I forget) and you just renew it again, for free.

Back